Roberts DH

Owen21

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
204/333/468 equals an OPS of .801.

.333 on base percentage plus 468 slugging = .801 On base Plus Slugging (OPS)

Understood. I didn't realize that's how they came up with that. My bad. I don't know as much about all the numbers as some of you do. I really do get tired of all the numbers meaning everything as well.

Odd, since you imply your relatively meaningless numbers actually mean something.

Not guessing, just making a judgement based on what I saw.

Why dont we just wait and see like we did last year. We don't even know if Roberts will be back. But just as a shot to you, i hope he gets signed and plays 150 games at 2B and puts up a .280/.340/.400 line. Because honestly i think it's possible.

I doubt he falls off that much But then I actually watched him swing the bat almost every game he played. I really did not see a much diminished hitter from the one before his injury. Of course there's risk but if I can sign him for 2 M not that much. Would you really prefer Dickerson to Roberts as a DH?

Yes. But I would prefer other options more. If you can't find a .750 OPS hitter for little/nothing you aren't doing an adequate job as a GM.

I don't think its assuming mutch to say no current MLB GM would sign Brian Roberts with the intent of DHing him.

El Gordo that shot was not to you. It was obviously for mdbdotcom

If he gets signed, I hope he does it, too. It really would be amazing for a 36 year old to play more than twice as many games as he's played in any of the last four seasons and put up respectable numbers.

But you're cherry-picking what you saw. He was simply awful as a left-handed hitter last year. There is no way around that fact.
I watched him bat. I look at the quality of the AB, not the results. He didn't walk enough because he was getting his contact skills back. The guy had a lot of rust to get rid of. I saw him getting better. That's all I can tell you. In those circumstances I don't find looking at the SSS of his splits for a partial season, very useful. Towards the end of the season he was hitting the ball in the gaps, hitting for power, and spoiling pitches for high pitch count AB. The things he used to do when he was in his prime. What he didn't bring to his offense was the running game.

Archived