Could we afford to keep these nine players through 2017?

Frobby

I think you better ask P.A. ;)

JMHO get use to it there is NO WAY we keep even half of those guys.

Here's another one it's NOT good that the players ALREADY know the answer and are posturing like the O's don't want to spend to win

Payroll is already above 120 million, do they practice fiscal responsibility, yes.

But, they spend as they can, of course, no matter what they do, somebody is bound to be unhappy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Payroll is already above 120 million, do they practice fiscal responsibility, yes.

But, they spend as they can, of course, no matter what they do, somebody is bound to be unhappy.

Yep no argument from me this team IMHO after this year will look drastically different the players know it they aren't stupid.

We need to re-sign Chen, Boras or no Boras. DD should be working on it now, making a market value offer to Boras, not sticking his head in the sand. We need to retain our pitching and keep one of Chen or Norris. I opt for Chen.

At the start of last season I would have said your NUTS, lol now I totally agree.

Sadly JMHO he'll be WAY out of our price range. Boras will never let him make a deal before he goes to free agency UNLESS he tanks then maybe in September?

We need to re-sign Chen, Boras or no Boras. DD should be working on it now, making a market value offer to Boras, not sticking his head in the sand. We need to retain our pitching and keep one of Chen or Norris. I opt for Chen.

Why do we need to keep one of them? The team will be second year arb with Gonzo and Tillman, committing around $13M to those two, plus $13M more to Ubaldo. Doesn't make sense to retain another pitcher at $12M per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you better ask P.A. ;)

JMHO get use to it there is NO WAY we keep even half of those guys.

Well, 6 of the 9 are under contract or under team control through 2017 or later, so I'm pretty sure we will keep more than half through then. The only 3 who aren't under control are the three who are free agents this offseason (Davis, Wieters and Chen).

At the start of last season I would have said your NUTS, lol now I totally agree.

Sadly JMHO he'll be WAY out of our price range.

Boras clients test Free Agency. If Chen is good this year he should have an 80 million dollar market.

Well, 6 of the 9 are under contract or under team control through 2017 or later, so I'm pretty sure we will keep more than half through then. The only 3 who aren't under control are the three who are free agents this offseason (Davis, Wieters and Chen).

Sorry poorly worded by me I meant to say as they hit free agency I really doubt that we keep half of them. JMHO I'll BE GLAD to be wrong on that too. ;)

Do we have a source for this? I don't think I've heard Buck say anything of the sort.

No, but seriously, been following baseball for decades and everytime a manager gets five right handers, they bemoan the fact.

This is also, why left handed SP, stick around longer than they should, there is never enough of them.

Why do we need to keep one of them? The team will be second year arb with Gonzo and Tillman, committing around $13M to those two, plus $13M more to Ubaldo. Doesn't make sense to retain another pitcher at $12M per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So DD's 52 million dollar mistake will cost us Chen? That's horrible.

Archived