And so it begins - Ubaldo

wildcard

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main thing I noticed about Ubaldo is that his delivery really hides the ball until the last split second. Very deceptive and the hitters have a hard time picking it up.

Tony said, paraphrasing, he loads , down behind his back. Creates deception.

Two innings in and it sounds like people are getting ready to hand him the Cy Young.

First we all have seen him.

v. Ben Revere

Jimmy Rollins

Domonic Brown

Ryan Howard

Marlon Byrd

Bobby Abreu

Set them ALL down. Ked half of them. You can be all negative if you want... NOBODY said he was Cy Young. But he was GD impressive. SICK movement.

Did you watch the game?

First of all, i said he looked good. I just remember when i was watching highlights of him last year, i saw him around 92 and touch 95. Now if he can go back to that, and have the control and movement on his pitches that i saw today, he could be the ace this team needs.

A couple of observations. Ubaldo was obviously very impressive.

I thought he was only giving 80% of what he had today. He threw nice and easy, almost without effort.

Threw with great balance and control.

He looked very comfortable on the mound, especially for his first outing.

I was very impressed with his interview. He seems to be a genuinely humble young man. I loved his answer to Hunters money question. He acknowledged, without apology, the importance of money in making his decision to come here. But he also emphasized the importance of coming to a team that had a chance to win.

Balfour got ROCKED again today, gave up 3 runs in .1 inning and he walked 2. Thank the lord we didn't sign this guy!

I don't know how good Balfour will be, but if we had signed him, I wouldn't be fretting about a couple of spring training outings.

I don't know how good Balfour will be, but if we had signed him, I wouldn't be fretting about a couple of spring training outings.

Yes, but had we signed him, that would have meant that he would not have failed the physical examination.

Tony said, paraphrasing, he loads , down behind his back. Creates deception.

It's also what makes his mechanics complicated and difficult to reproduce. But, as Palmer and others have sd, maybe that pitching coach at Cleveland last season has helped him figure out how to do it.

Archived