Suk-min Yoon

Greg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the same thing you did, somehow in the contract, the Orioles could only send him to the minors for 2014.
But how does sending him to the minor league camp = sending him to the minors?

You're way beyond my knowledge of how baseball player contracts work in general, or the specific details of Yoon's contract. But I seriously doubt Yoon did anything that would jeopardize his right to get paid.

You're way beyond my knowledge of how baseball player contracts work in general, or the specific details of Yoon's contract. But I seriously doubt Yoon did anything that would jeopardize his right to get paid.

I read on twitter early this morning that he will be showing up at MiLB camp at the deadline. If you like I can dig up the link. So it looks as if you are correct.

I read on twitter early this morning that he will be showing up at MiLB camp at the deadline. If you like I can dig up the link. So it looks as if you are correct.

Well then. Impressive. If he doesn't get activated to the 40 man roster, I assume that he would have to pitch as well as report in order to collect his money. Probably at extended spring training since he will have had none.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reports out of Korea: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> Suk-Min Yoon is headed back to KBO. 4-8, 5.74ERA at AAA in 14. Had 2 yrs remaining on contract.</p>— GSI (@GSIntegration) <a href="

">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Yoon's exact destination in KBO currently undetermined. Unclear whether he walked away from $ remaining on contract and/or if buyout</p>— GSI (@GSIntegration) <a href="

Interesting. At least a roster spot won't be wasted on him at AAA this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they look to be getting at least some of the money back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jang Won-jun received a 4 year deal worth 8.4 billion won ($7.6 million) from Doosan. Assuming Yoon Suk-min is in line to make some wons...</p>— Dan (@MyKBO) <a href="

If he has a contract like that in the works he might have left all the O's money on the table on his way out.

Suk-min Yoon has returned to South Korea.

Yoon scored a three-year, $5.75 million deal from the Orioles last February, but the Korean right-hander posted a rough 5.74 ERA in 95 2/3 innings at the Triple-A level in 2014 and has apparently now ended his pursuit of a major league career. Or at least put it on hold for a bit. The 28-year-old had two years left on his agreement with the O's.

Source: Eduardo A. Encina on Twitter Mar. 5 - 9:48 am et

Suk-min Yoon has returned to South Korea.

Yoon scored a three-year, $5.75 million deal from the Orioles last February, but the Korean right-hander posted a rough 5.74 ERA in 95 2/3 innings at the Triple-A level in 2014 and has apparently now ended his pursuit of a major league career. Or at least put it on hold for a bit. The 28-year-old had two years left on his agreement with the O's.

Source: Eduardo A. Encina on Twitter Mar. 5 - 9:48 am et

We've been discussing it in the Yoon thread on the minors board.

Hopefully the O's are off the hook on years two and three.

We've been discussing it in the Yoon thread on the minors board.

Hopefully the O's are off the hook on years two and three.

I can't image, he walking away from contract money, sit here, wait for them to release you and then go home with your money, they couldn't force him to play in the minors, because of contractual agreement.

And they look to be getting at least some of the money back.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jang Won-jun received a 4 year deal worth 8.4 billion won ($7.6 million) from Doosan. Assuming Yoon Suk-min is in line to make some wons...</p>— Dan (@MyKBO) <a href="

If he has a contract like that in the works he might have left all the O's money on the table on his way out.

Roch Kubatko

My guess is Yoon will be placed on the restricted list and forfeit his salary.

Archived