Send Ubaldo To The BP

Il BuonO

Don't forget Trumbo flailing at obvious ball with the bases loaded, Jones breaking in on Donaldson's "triple", and Manny admiring his long single. Team loss. An embarrassing game all around. OK, Kim has been good.

Well said.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So our pen tonight is Britton, Brach, Givens, Bundy. If Despaigne pitches today he wouldn't be able to come back and start on the 22nd.

Why couldn't he pitch tonight and then the 22nd? He could easily pitch an inning. So if Gallardo just goes 3 innings, we are covered. Gallardo 3. Bundy 2. Then everyone else - Brach, Givens, Britton, Despaigne - one.

Or you just use up TJ again and send him down.

What I don't understand is the depth of hatred among O's fans toward Ubaldo. Last year, Bud Norris pitched so wretchedly that he lost his rotation spot and then went to the bullpen, where he was still wretched. Fans were disappointed, but they didn't boo or jeer him, even when he gave up a passel of HRs. When Bud was DFA'd, fans saw it as inevitable and there were Birdland tributes to him (none which wished him injury). Oh, and no one referred to Norris as "Bad Norris" or any such moniker.

With Ubaldo, it's different. Like Norris last year, Ubaldo is mightily struggling. It's not like he's a huge jerk or whiner; instead he's a team

What are you trying to insinuate?

Some fans may think that Ubaldo has quit and is just taking the money. Ubaldo's rep as good character guy is meaningless to

fans who think that other players don't hold him accountable.

Then dog on Jones, Trumbo and Manny. All 3 codeine pretty offensive stuff last night. Including what should have been a error and cost us 5 runs.

What I don't understand is the depth of hatred among O's fans toward Ubaldo. Last year, Bud Norris pitched so wretchedly that he lost his rotation spot and then went to the bullpen, where he was still wretched. Fans were disappointed, but they didn't boo or jeer him, even when he gave up a passel of HRs. When Bud was DFA'd, fans saw it as inevitable and there were Birdland tributes to him (none which wished him injury). Oh, and no one referred to Norris as "Bad Norris" or any such moniker.

With Ubaldo, it's different. Like Norris last year, Ubaldo is mightily struggling. It's not like he's a huge jerk or whiner; instead he's a team-first guy from all reports and his teammates like him. But many of the fans truly hate him. When he struggles, unlike with Norris last year, Ubaldo has a ton of boos raining down on him -- I was at the game Friday night and I heard them. On the forums and on Facebook, too many O's fans jeer and give out personal insults. Again, I'm not talking about comments about his bad pitching, I'm talking about insulting implications about his character. I wish someone could explain the depth of this hatred toward him.

Well that's what you get for reading O's stuff on FB and other message boards.

With Ubaldo, it's different. Like Norris last year, Ubaldo is mightily struggling. It's not like he's a huge jerk or whiner; instead he's a team-first guy from all reports and his teammates like him. But many of the fans truly hate him. When he struggles, unlike with Norris last year, Ubaldo has a ton of boos raining down on him -- I was at the game Friday night and I heard them. On the forums and on Facebook, too many O's fans jeer and give out personal insults. Again, I'm not talking about comments about his bad pitching, I'm talking about insulting implications about his character. I wish someone could explain the depth of this hatred toward him.

This is all false. People did refer to Bud Norris as "Bad Norris". People did boo Norris.

I don't understand it either. Maybe it's the money he is making. I just don't know. I can't hate on a player that wears the black and orange.

This is all false. People did refer to Bud Norris as "Bad Norris". People did boo Norris.

Well it seems to me to be more hatred for Jimenez than others that struggle. But I

too have read that he is a team first guy. I know he is not pitching well. And I

they could fix whatever the problem is. I like to see Ubaldo be successful out of

BP for the O's. IMO

We can hope that Ubaldo will have a positive contributing role to the team (other than Bat Boy or bringing the Gatorade), and maybe find some success when he's only asked to get a few outs, but the situation is looking grim so far. It remains to be seen if we will have to eat that 20M or if we can get some value back for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some fans may think that Ubaldo has quit and is just taking the money. Ubaldo's rep as good character guy is meaningless to fans who think that other players don't hold him accountable.
I haven't seen any evidence of him quitting and taking his money, haven't seen that anywhere. I have serious doubts that Ubaldo loves to hear all that booing and jeering. There is no evidence from Buck Showalter that he is quitting or laying down on the job. If that were me, and I heard all that booing, I'd want to walk away and tell the fans and team, "screw it!" But Ubaldo keeps going out there when asked, exposing himself to all of that ridicule. As horrible as his pitching is right now, Ubaldo is not a quitter. :mad:

I have a 29 game plan and thus went to a lot of games last year. I was there more then once when Bud struggled, both in starting and in the bullpen. I heard some grumbling in the stadium, but I never heard a boo or a jeer toward him. And no one in any forum or at the park referred him to "Bad Norris."

I have a 29 game plan and thus went to a lot of games last year. I was there more then once when Bud struggled, both in starting and in the bullpen. I heard some grumbling in the stadium, but I never heard a boo or a jeer toward him. And no one in any forum or at the park referred him to "Bad Norris."

Isn't he going by America Norris for the summer?

With Ubaldo, it's different. Like Norris last year, Ubaldo is mightily struggling. It's not like he's a huge jerk or whiner; instead he's a team

What are you trying to insinuate?
I'm not insinuating anything. Just trying to understand the depth of hatred toward a guy wearing the black and orange.

Archived