Bundy pitching for Frederick Keys tonight.

Greg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or, alternatively, he could be working on a pitch.

Since this is the minors and everything.

I am not privy to his developmental plan, but generally a post-TJ arm is concerned with getting feel for his existing stuff before he starts trying to further develop other pitches. But maybe Bundy is multi-tasking.

o

7 of the 13 outs that Bundy recorded were strikeouts.

One of the strikeouts was a 15-pitch plate appearance by Yandy Diaz in the top of the 3rd inning.

13 OUTS: 7 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts

DYLAN BUNDY O (vs. Advanced-A Carolina, 8/05)

IP:. 4.33

H:o 5 (2 Doubles, 3 Singles)

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 7

Pitches: 73 (51 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.78 (Advanced-A Frederick)

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (91 Strikes, 4 Balls)

11 (91 Strikes, 2 Balls)

21 (15 Strikes, 6 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls) *

* Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

o

7 of the 13 outs that Bundy recorded were strikeouts.

One of the strikeouts was a 15-pitch plate appearance by Yandy Diaz in the top of the 3rd inning.

That should never happen to a pitcher with his stuff. Hopefully, it was used as a learning opportunity.

I am confused. Why does the RotoWorld blurb on the OH homepage say he topped out at 89 but the Orioles aren't too worried?? I heard (and was quite excited by) the 96mph report during the broadcast. Is RotoWorld just misinformed on this??

Yes, RotoWorld is usually misinformed. In this case, their source is a Baltimore Sun article that admits that the stadium gun in Frederick is often a few ticks slow, probably more in this case. The article also said that a few of his fastballs didn't even register on the gun, which gives you an idea of how reliable the gun was last night.

Archived