Ex Oriole Pat Neshek

bpilktree

o

Neshek signed a 3-year contract for $18.5 Million with the Astros in the offseason.

In 6 IP so far, he has given up 3 earned runs (4.50 ERA), and has an 0.833 WHIP.

Tough for a guy to allow on average a run for every two innings pitched, when he only allows on average 1.6 base runners for every two innings pitched. I know it's a short sample size but that's either a majority of the base runners and a homer in just one of those innings, or some really bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

o

o

(MAY 20th)

Neshek continues to roll.

11 out of Neshek's last 12 outings have been walk-less, scoreless, and he has allowed only 2 hits (both singles) in those 11 outings.

In those 11 outings, he has thrown 111 Pitches (82 Strikes, 29 Balls) in 9 innings pitched.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=neshepa01&t=p&year=2015

Glad to see that Houston is getting value out of this contract.

Yeah, I have only seen him pitch once this year, but his numbers sure do look good, especially since the 2 or 3 bad outings that he earlier in the season.

I had no problem with us letting Neshek go when we did. The only problem that I had in regard to our handling of him when we had him was not using him instead of Kevin Gregg as the last man in the bullpen in 2012 from May through August (when the Athletics purchased him from us.)

Oh, well. Water under the bridge.

I'm glad that he is currently well-paid, and very successful. He also has to love the fact that he has been on strong, contending teams the last 4 years (the 2012 Athletics went 94-68 and won their division, the 2013 Athletics went 96-66 and won their division, the 2014 Cardinals went 90-72 and won their division, and the 2015 Astros are off to their best start in their 54-year franchise history.)

o

(MAY 26th)

Neshek helped close the door on the Orioles last night by pitching 1 shutout inning in the 7th frame, keeping the Orioles at bay by one run (2-1.)

13 out of Neshek's last 14 outings have been walk-less, scoreless, and he has allowed only 3 hits (all singles) in those 13 outings.

In those 13 outings, he has thrown 133 Pitches (101 Strikes, 32 Balls) in 10.67 innings pitched.

For the season, Neshek is 3-0 with a 2.55 ERA, and an 0.679 WHIP.

o

(vs. ORIOLES, June 2nd)

3 up, 3 down to keep the Birds at bay in the 8th inning.

16 straight scoreless appearances for Neshek.

Also, Neshek just set a new Astros franchise record (1962 - Present) ...... 24 consecutive innings without issuing a walk. The last player in the major leagues to come that close was John Smoltz in 2004, when he went 23 consecutive outings without issuing a walk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived