Roberts first game back at OPACY - Applaud or Boo?

FlipCup

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Adam Jones made me curious with his twitter post...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I believe that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Birdland?src=hash">#Birdland</a> will give <a href="https://twitter.com/1brianroberts">@1brianroberts</a> the credit he's due. Man have his all to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a>. I know ur the oppo now but respect</p>? 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="

">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What would you do if you were at the game tonight?

I would follow AJ's lead. The man has class.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But just for his first at bat then get back to booing the opponent</p>— 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="

Don't think he should be booed or applauded.

He gave a couple good years but wasn't necessarily great. And the past four years he been hurt, all of a sudden goes to the yanks and nothing.

I felt he stole the money with the last contract the Os gave.

For that I say no ovation and I wouldn't be upset if he got booed. But I don't feel he deserves either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But just for his first at bat then get back to booing the opponent</p>— 10 (@SimplyAJ10) <a href="

Yeah. Buddy. Adam is righteous.

Hey, I know that beach on AJ's twitter page. Going to be there in 4 weeks. The man has good taste!

I would follow AJ's lead. The man has class.

I disagree. Don't follow anyone, do what your heart feels but only if your head thinks is a smart idea.

Could be wrong but I don't think the Os faithful gave Jeremy Guthrie a standing O when he played against us for the first time. And I felt he deserved it more than BRob.

Could be wrong on this also but didnt Mussina get booed when he became a Yankee?

I disagree. Don't follow anyone, do what your heart feels but only if your head thinks is a smart idea.

Could be wrong but I don't think the Os faithful gave Jeremy Guthrie a standing O when he played against us for the first time. And I felt he deserved it more than BRob.

Could be wrong on this also but didnt Mussina get booed when he became a Yankee?

Some Oriole fans are still booing Mussina for signing with the Yankees.

Not exactly a case to compare B-Rob to.

Very different circumstances re: Roberts vs. Mussina. Mussina was in his prime, a highly sought after TOR guy who snubbed us for our most hated rival. Roberts was an old broken-down has-been who was fortunate to get a decent amount of coin from a team that desperately needed a 2B. Just about any team would've loved to have had Mussina in 2000 - the Yankees may have been the only team willing to give Roberts much money above the vet minimum, I'd guess.

It's sad to see him in pinstripes, but there's no seething hatred where there was with MM. I'd probably give him a golf clap his first AB, but then the gloves are off. I'm with AJ.

I am no Roberts guy, so I had no trouble letting go.

But I do think it would be entirely appropriate for any O who goes to the Yanks or Sox to show appreciation the first time he comes to the plate, but then boo him every other time that first game. After that, the crowd has gotten it out of their system and there's no need to boo.

Archived