vs. RAYS, 8/28

OFFNY

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis is either just stubborn or doesnt get it. How many times must you do that before you get out of your box?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With two strikes it's just hit the ball. A ball pitched in like that is incredibly hard to hit the other way.

That shift man. I feel for Davis. He has had an enormous amount of hits stolen due to it- when the shift wasn't around even just a few years ago. When you are struggling and then even your well hit balls are outs- has to be VERY tough. Yes he's a major leaguer and you'd like to think he can adjust, but that's just not reality. Easier for some than others- and most power hitters in generations before him, never had to deal with this kind of statistical based defensive shifting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yep. The roster is kind of a hot mess right now. It's very awkwardly put together and when our veterans aren't performing, it really shows the flaws of the rest of the roster.  There's just an awkward vibe about how they are going about things this year, despite the overall good record. It's tough to put a finger on. The offensive approach has taken a pretty wild step back. I can't imagine they are preaching anything different than last year, especially when it's not working. It's up to the players, ultimately. If I'm Hyde I would be having a closed door meeting and having some frank discussions. If nothing else just to try and shake them up mentally.  Losing to Lynn and Gibson is basically unacceptable with the offensive potential this team has. 
    • It’s always a compliment when your DFA’d players get claimed/traded for. Nevin, McKenna, Ramirez, Baumann. Except for that Tony Kemp dude. SMH
    • Great/informative read. I use to say, "For ten cents and a cup of coffee, I could find 100 people to tell me what is wrong." Hard part is finding someone to tell you how to fix it. Do we just have patience and hope it fixes itself or do we hope the Orioles make major changes now? Earlier post stated emphatically we WOULD make the playoffs. Can I still count on that? This offensive funk has been going on a while now let alone a bullpen problem. Talk me off the ledge. 
    • The Mets and the Mariners do love themselves Orioles pitching.
    • Mullins should be sent down or if he’s hurt and trying to play through it, he should be on the IL. Santander, who hasn’t been good most of the year, is 1-11 since banging his knee. Putting him in the field yesterday may give us a thought they think he’s improving.  Let’s see how he feels today. Putting him on the IL and being able to send him on a short rehab may be a good thing. Hays is what he is right now.  He was looking good as soon as he got back but that seems to have been short lived. Right now, the team isn’t treating him like the superstar Pickles thinks he is, so that’s good.  With Mayo out and Holliday still working on things, that leaves Kjerstad and Norby. I know the adjustment period is rough for this minor leaguers right now and June is going to be a b!tch of a schedule but I would like to see at least HK back up and I want to see Stowers playing more often. Things can’t really get any worse, so let’s use these guys. Shane Mayo got hurt…maybe he would be up.
    • I live in LA and have heard and seen a lot of things from Trevor Bauer that would give me the creeps if we ever even considered signing him. Stong pass.
    • The talk about Kramer just doesn't make sense to me.  Does he have the occasional klunker, yes.  He is slotted though as a #4 or 5 pitcher in a rotation putting up pretty good stats along the way.  No team has 5 studs and truthfully I would love for someone to find 5 #5's on MLB pitching staffs that would be a consensus better option than Kremer.  He shows up every 5th day, keep you in games and eats innings.  It wasn't that long ago that a Kremer type would be looked at as an ace of an Orioles rotation. To your point of course I would love to have 5 Burnes types to go into the playoffs so that way you have an ace ready to go in a must win game.  That really isn't realistic though.  Kremer is solid for the role we need him for and truthfully we have way more concerns on our roster than him.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now