Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally agree. People who showed a commitment this year should have priority.

I'm new for season tickets this year but do agree with that.

ALCS will be fun for the atmosphere but I'm also looking forward to relaxing with a beer and my scorebook next year for regular season games.

I read that somewhere as well. That is BS in my opinion. Make it noon or something for the new depositers.

Yea, its not something I am going to get all worked up about but existing season ticket holders probably should get priority. At the very least, they shouldn't do it one way for the division series and then switch it up for the championship series.

Yea, its not something I am going to get all worked up about but existing season ticket holders probably should get priority. At the very least, they shouldn't do it one way for the division series and then switch it up for the championship series.

Maybe they were worried about new STH getting shut out of the tickets if they made them wait a few hours. Who knows. I agree that they shouldn't have done it one way for the ALDS and another for the ALCS.

I keep telling myself this is a good problem to have, though! I do already have tickets to Game 2, I was hoping to go to Game 1 as well.

Maybe they were worried about new STH getting shut out of the tickets if they made them wait a few hours. Who knows. I agree that they shouldn't have done it one way for the ALDS and another for the ALCS.

I keep telling myself this is a good problem to have, though! I do already have tickets to Game 2, I was hoping to go to Game 1 as well.

When I bought a 13 game plan this year it was purchased with the understanding that I would be able to purchase playoff tickets to every game. If I had been informed of the switch then I would have bought a 29 game plan instead. Throughout the season I spent more than enough money on additional tickets to clear the price difference between the two plans. It is a bait and switch.

When I bought a 13 game plan this year it was purchased with the understanding that I would be able to purchase playoff tickets to every game. If I had been informed of the switch then I would have bought a 29 game plan instead. Throughout the season I spent more than enough money on additional tickets to clear the price difference between the two plans. It is a bait and switch.

This is a good point, too.

Also, 29 and 81 game deposits have already had their presale. I more than likely will be upgrading to a 29 game plan next year, but didn't place a deposit or anything because I already had my plan. My seats were in section 52, and now I most likely will be stuck with upper decks. Not necessarily ideal. I feel as if current 13 game plan holders should have been able to get tickets at 10, those who placed a deposit for 29 or 81 game plans could go at 12, with the 13 game deposits at 2.

The O's only gave deposit folks the chance to buy tickets, and didn't say to all games or to which specific. If they got shut out of games 1 and 2 so be it. They should have been plan holders this year.

/rant

Also, 29 and 81 game deposits have already had their presale. I more than likely will be upgrading to a 29 game plan next year, but didn't place a deposit or anything because I already had my plan. My seats were in section 52, and now I most likely will be stuck with upper decks. Not necessarily ideal. I feel as if current 13 game plan holders should have been able to get tickets at 10, those who placed a deposit for 29 or 81 game plans could go at 12, with the 13 game deposits at 2.

The O's only gave deposit folks the chance to buy tickets, and didn't say to all games or to which specific. If they got shut out of games 1 and 2 so be it. They should have been plan holders this year.

/rant

To be fair, I am not sure there are very many of those. Logically, people who were unwilling to commit to a season ticket plan until the O's made the ALDS/ALCS likely aren't jumping in headfirst with a 29 or 81 game plan deposit. I think most of the 2015 deposit folks likely put down deposits on 13-game plans since that was cheaper. Also, if it makes you feel better, I have a 29 and 13 game plan (well, the 29-game plan is under my brother's name) and my brother felt there were more/better options available for the ALCS 29-game plan presale than there were for the ALDS one. So hopefully you'll still be able to get what you are looking for tomorrow.

I agree in general though. The O's need to rethink their postseason ticket policies this winter and make a much better effort to be transparent with them from the onset, rather than this "make it up as we go along" process they have employed the past three seasons.

On stubhub, only $223 for standing room only tickets for game 2... what a joke that is.

They will drop. Tickets are at their peak today. Once more people are able to buy them (season plan holders) the secondary market will have more for sale and prices drop. By Thursday, I'd expect to see standing room around $150.

They will drop. Tickets are at their peak today. Once more people are able to buy them (season plan holders) the secondary market will have more for sale and prices drop. By Thursday, I'd expect to see standing room around $150.

That's still too much IMO, they're 40 dollar tickets but I get it.. supply and demand.

/rant

When I bought ALDS tickets, I was originally gonna go for best available, but I decided on the cheaper "Upper Box." I had the time of the my life. The upper deck is rocking baby. All I can say is when it comes to playoffs, you just need to be in the Yard. Its not about the view anymore!

That's still too much IMO, they're 40 dollar tickets but I get it.. supply and demand.

Have you been to a playoff game yet?

I agree that it's a lot, but it's an experience that every Orioles fan needs to experience...if they can swing it.

Wait until a few hours before game...Tickets dropped to under $100 for "real" seats for ALDS games on game day.

Archived