Are The Rays Finished?

Can_of_corn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't the Dodgers just the West Coast Yanks now? You don't blow it up because you're always a single $300M offseason splurge away from winning it all.

I want to know if Andrew can do it with a big payroll. Or even an enormous payroll. Or if the Marching orders are to trim the budget by say, 77 million.

Andrew leaving the Rays is huge for the O's. Andrew was amazing at putting an organization that drafted well when they had that edge and traded well when Rays players got too expensive. There aren't many managers like Andrew out there.

This moves the Orioles up in the AL East over the foreseeable future.

Andrew leaving the Rays is huge for the O's. Andrew was amazing at putting an organization that drafted well when they had that edge and traded well when Rays players got too expensive. There aren't many managers like Andrew out there.

This moves the Orioles up in the AL East over the foreseeable future.

Maybe it's unlikely they find another GM as adept as Freedman. But I'll wait a while before declaring them behind the O's for the foreseeable future. They have a fairly strong foundation.

Maybe it's unlikely they find another GM as adept as Freedman. But I'll wait a while before declaring them behind the O's for the foreseeable future. They have a fairly strong foundation.

I'm sure he established practices, making it easy to carry on if he left.

A future rotation of Cobb, Archer, Moore, Smyly, and Odorizzi should always make them dangerous with the second wild card in play. The immediate future depends on what Myers does and if Longoria can turn into somewhat of what he used to be and not the train wreck he was this year.

For all the great things he did with trades and finding bargain bin free agents, he was that bad at drafting. The system was starting to get thin before the 2011 draft when they had 11 of the first 80 picks, something crazy like that.

They absolutely needed to hit on some of those picks to pick the farm system back up to where it needed to be and he didn't.

I wonder if this was part of the reason he left when he did. Had chances to go to big markets like the Cubs and Angels few years ago and didn't. Now the farm system is looking thin and Longoria/Zobrist are getting up there in age.

A future rotation of Cobb, Archer, Moore, Smyly, and Odorizzi should always make them dangerous with the second wild card in play. The immediate future depends on what Myers does and if Longoria can turn into somewhat of what he used to be and not the train wreck he was this year.

For all the great things he did with trades and finding bargain bin free agents, he was that bad at drafting. The system was starting to get thin before the 2011 draft when they had 11 of the first 80 picks, something crazy like that.

They absolutely needed to hit on some of those picks to pick the farm system back up to where it needed to be and he didn't.

I wonder if this was part of the reason he left when he did. Had chances to go to big markets like the Cubs and Angels few years ago and didn't. Now the farm system is looking thin and Longoria/Zobrist are getting up there in age.

This is what I was thinking. Friedman seemed to be getting kind of "stale" for the Rays. Still seemed to make good trades, but the talent just wasn't coming up through the organization anymore. Might be best for all parties that he moved on to some place new, and the Rays get some new blood running things.

This is what I was thinking. Friedman seemed to be getting kind of "stale" for the Rays. Still seemed to make good trades' date=' but the talent just wasn't coming up through the organization anymore. Might be best for all parties that he moved on to some place new, and the Rays get some new blood running things.[/quote']

My opinion? Tampa loses this team now. It can't afford one. Andrew Friedman was all they had going for them.

Archived