Will DD Pursue Victor Martinez ?

section18

When you say 'public', I assume your concern is for yourself? I can understand why a nobody like you might be nervous around Ortiz or those KC players who are on the juice. What was is you called the 1969 Mets? I wouldn't worry about them, they are old enough to be deemed safe. Want a few more examples? You are an accident/lawsuit waiting to happen and such a fine example of a Hangout staff member.

Ortiz has displayed ROID rage.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you say 'public', I assume your concern is for yourself? I can understand why a nobody like you might be nervous around Ortiz or those KC players who are on the juice. What was is you called the 1969 Mets? I wouldn't worry about them, they are old enough to be deemed safe. Want a few more examples? You are an accident/lawsuit waiting to happen and such a fine example of a Hangout staff member.

Ortiz has tested positive. Unlike Cruz. And like Davis. I said the Royals acted hopped up. And they did. I am sure they test clean. Give it a break on telling me where my boundaries should be. The 69 Mets were the luckiest team on the planet. And folks to this day still do not rate them on par with the Orioles of 1969. I never said they cheated, took drugs, or should have their crown striped from them for any reason. You are just making stuff up. I think anyone who destroys property in a rage like Ortiz did should be fined, punished, suspended, and should be in a counselling program until it is determined that they are not a danger to the general public. Not just me.

If DHing really allowed players to hit at a high level much longer than they otherwise would, I think we'd see a lot more productive DHs in the 35-40 age bracket. But in 2014 there were only three players who were 35 or older and DH'd 50+ games. Since 2010 the only old guys (35+) who DHed at least 25% of the time and OPS'd .800 were Martinez, Ortiz, Berkman, and Thome.

Thanks for the information. The proof will be in the pudding, though. I believe that guys like Ortiz, Cruz, VMart, and eventually Miggy too are exceptions to the general rule and will have higher production than the general population of DHs in past.

Of course he has. And he has tested positive for it. And we have this cult of adoration for him that makes me sick.

No cult of adoration from me, for sure. However, I think he is a jerk because of his narcissistic personality, not because of any so-called "steroid" rage.

But I am also interested in fairness. Ortiz has only tested positive just like those other 102 on the 2003 Mitchell report list at a time when this testing was not standardized either in the methodology nor in the substances which could or could not be used by players at that time. So you should have the same view of Brian Roberts and Andy Pettite and Kris Benson and Roberto Alomar and Raffy Palmeiro and Javy Lopez and Miguel Tejada and the other 90+ individuals on that list. If you believe steroids is the problem, then they all should be similarly castigated and they should have all demonstrated manifestations of what some call "roid" rage. I don't believe steroids were or are Ortiz's "rage" problem, I think his personality was and is his problem.

No cult of adoration from me, for sure. However, I think he is a jerk because of his narcissistic personality, not because of any so-called "steroid" rage.

But I am also interested in fairness. Ortiz has only tested positive just like those other 102 on the 2003 Mitchell report list at a time when this testing was not standardized either in the methodology nor in the substances which could or could not be used by players at that time. So you should have the same view of Brian Roberts and Andy Pettite and Kris Benson and Roberto Alomar and Raffy Palmeiro and Javy Lopez and Miguel Tejada and the other 90+ individuals on that list. If you believe steroids is the problem, then they all should be similarly castigated and they should have all demonstrated manifestations of what some call "roid" rage. I don't believe steroids were or are Ortiz's "rage" problem, I think his personality was and is his problem.

You did a good job of explaining your opinion to me. And I did really appreciate it. Someone wants to criticize me because I am willing to continue to castigate David Ortiz for his eternal lying about something that we are all aware of. If Ortiz is in the HOF and Raffy not, you can expect to hear me carry on like a banshee about it forever. I respect your opinion. Just not those trolling of me because it is well known that I criticize cheaters and am willing to believe that as many as 70 percent of the players during the steroid era were cheaters.

You did a good job of explaining your opinion to me. And I did really appreciate it. Someone wants to criticize me because I am willing to continue to castigate David Ortiz for his eternal lying about something that we are all aware of. If Ortiz is in the HOF and Raffy not, you can expect to hear me carry on like a banshee about it forever. I respect your opinion. Just not those trolling of me because it is well known that I criticize cheaters and am willing to believe that as many as 70 percent of the players during the steroid era were cheaters.

And I respect your opinion as well. And I understand it. For me, and this is totally arbitrary on my part, if the only violation noted was the player was on that 2003 list (like Brian Roberts and Andy Pettite), then I do extend them the benefit of the doubt unlike the more recent violators and Biogenesis, etc. But, make no mistake, I am on the same page about and do detest David Ortiz's behavior and personality in his interactions on the field that I have seen. Though he is not quite Albert Belle...lol.

And I respect your opinion as well. And I understand it. For me, and this is totally arbitrary on my part, if the only violation noted was the player was on that 2003 list (like Brian Roberts and Andy Pettite), then I do extend them the benefit of the doubt unlike the more recent violators and Biogenesis, etc. But, make no mistake, I am on the same page about and do detest David Ortiz's behavior and personality in his interactions on the field that I have seen. Though he is not quite Albert Belle...lol.

Roy Firestone says that Albert Belle is the worst person he ever met. I trust him on that.

The Orioles gave up a pick when they resigned Hardy. I do not believe we will sign anyone with a pick attached.

Can you explain this please? How in the hell do we lose a pick resigning our own player? If you mean that we gave up a pick from someone else might have sent us for signing him that's a bit silky.

Can you explain this please? How in the hell do we lose a pick resigning our own player? If you mean that we gave up a pick from someone else might have sent us for signing him that's a bit silky.

We would have gained a pick by allowing Hardy to leave with a qualifying offer. So we are net a minus pick by resigning him.

Yes it is silky. I had assumed going into this year that we would gain three picks. Cruz, Hardy, and Nick. Nick did not play well enough.

Archived