Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick Markakis (Signs w/ATL)

Greg

I really can't see anyone that has an average or bigger RF signing Markakis.

He is married to Camden Yards, with his lack of foot speed I think most teams will be very wary of signing Markakis to play a normal sized RF.

Give him the QO, and/or offer 3/30 and definitely not a penny more.

Kind of like out of curiosity to see what he can get on the open market.

I'm curious in what teams would be interested.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kansas City, Detroit, Yankees. Mariners, Rangers. Cubs.

He'd be a great fit with the Yankees or Rangers. Those home-field stadiums would help with his production. The Cubs sound like a good fit as well.

Are these teams you are hearing about or are you guessing? Seems to be a pretty specific list.

He'd be a great fit with the Yankees or Rangers. Those home-field stadiums would help with his production. The Cubs sound like a good fit as well.

Are these teams you are hearing about or are you guessing? Seems to be a pretty specific list.

Very specific list of teams I think have an interest. Not hearing anything of course. And before someone chimes in on Dyson and Cain replacing Cain and Ioki in KC. Dyson can't hit.

The Mariners would need to make some other thing happen to be interested enough.

Very specific list of teams I think have an interest. Not hearing anything of course. And before someone chimes in on Dyson and Cain replacing Cain and Ioki in KC. Dyson can't hit.

KC is a BIG outfield. Nick has definitely lost a step. I don't see that being a good fit.

So, we find out at 5:00 if Nick's getting a QO, right? I'm guessing we don't offer it, and he winds up leaving.

KC is a BIG outfield. Nick has definitely lost a step. I don't see that being a good fit.

So, we find out at 5:00 if Nick's getting a QO, right? I'm guessing we don't offer it, and he winds up leaving.

He would be a perfect number two hitter for that team, and Cain likes to cover half of right anyway. Plus he would be the veteran leadership to knock some sense into those blockhead kids.

KC doesn't want to spend 12M for one year on Butler. You think they are going to spend 3/30 on a Markakis? I don't

Detroit would just sign Hunter for one year. Why would they let him go and then sign Markakis? Makes little sense to me.

Yankees? Markakis isn't a pull hitter so he doesn't necessarily get much of a jump in homers there. Doesn't seem like a fit to me.

The Cubs have Soler in RF and are a young team. Again, doesn't seem like a fit to me.

The Mariners? A big park? Do they want Nick's speed in the OF? Does he hit for any power at all in that park? What's the attraction?

The Rangers? Good park and they have a spot in RF without Rios? Then again, why not pick of the Rios option instead of paying 3/30 for Markakis.

I hope Nick his the market. I really want to see who is interested at the numbers (3/30 or more) being talked about.

KC does not want a singles hitting 12 million dollar DH. That's why Butler is gone.

The Yankees are all slobbered over Nick. And I think Hunter is retiring. I said that Seattle might need some help to make that work. I still think the Cubs would be all over that. Rios Just got Boras, so we know he wants paid. One more time.

File it under "I'll believe it when I see it". Some team will be interested at the right price.

Where is the evidence that the Yankees are "all slobbered over Nick"?

Just the usual stuff I've read in their papers over the last few months. I might be falling for the drama myself.

The Rockies announced that they have extended a one-year, $15.3MM qualifying offer to Michael Cuddyer.

Needless to say, this move comes as a bit of a surprise. The 35-year-old Cuddyer will turn 36 next March and played in just 49 games this season. While his production over the past two seasons has been unquestionably outstanding when healthy — he’s batted .331/.385/.543 and captured the 2013 NL Batting Title — Cuddyer was not seen as a candidate for a QO due to his injuries and age.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/rockies-extend-qualifying-offer-to-michael-cuddyer.html

The Rockies announced that they have extended a one-year, $15.3MM qualifying offer to Michael Cuddyer.

Needless to say, this move comes as a bit of a surprise. The 35-year-old Cuddyer will turn 36 next March and played in just 49 games this season. While his production over the past two seasons has been unquestionably outstanding when healthy — he’s batted .331/.385/.543 and captured the 2013 NL Batting Title — Cuddyer was not seen as a candidate for a QO due to his injuries and age.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/11/rockies-extend-qualifying-offer-to-michael-cuddyer.html

No that is someone that should accept.

Archived