Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

Where are you getting the comments from Roch? Can you paste the quotes or a link?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Asked few people with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> whether Jays no longer negotiating for Duquette. 1 person said never were negotiations. O's rejected names</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 25, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Asked few people with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> whether Jays no longer negotiating for Duquette. 1 person said never were negotiations. O's rejected names</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

We're really playing with semantics here.

Party A: I'll give you this for that.

Party B: No.

So "were there negotations"? I don't know. One definition of negotiations woudl be communication between Party A & B about a potential deal. That definitely happened. But a stricter definition of "negotiations" might mean that there was at least a counter-response from Party B.

We're really playing with semantics here.

Party A: I'll give you this for that.

Party B: No.

So "were there negotations"? I don't know. One definition of negotiations woudl be communication between Party A & B about a potential deal. That definitely happened. But a stricter definition of "negotiations" might mean that there was at least a counter-response from Party B.

Maybe not. We will never know. Someone took no for an answer.

Either Hoffman was never offered (more likely) or offered and rejected. IF Roch is correct, we didn't ask for him, or anyone.

That won't amount to much if anything. Maybe some punishment for the Jays but nothing worth getting excited about for the Orioles.

And just seems vindictive at this point. Brings us down to their level. To quote a movie, the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I think it's smart of PA to very firmly say we were never negotiating throughout this entire (even if we basically were) as it strengthens/legitimizes the tampering claim. I think if we had been "negotiating" for a DD trade, tampering wouldn't look as legitimate. Smart tactic.

I think it's smart of PA to very firmly say we were never negotiating throughout this entire (even if we basically were) as it strengthens/legitimizes the tampering claim. I think if we had been "negotiating" for a DD trade, tampering wouldn't look as legitimate. Smart tactic.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/01/report-blue-jays-end-negotiations-for-duquette.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If Duquette is staying in Baltimore, the Orioles must decide whether to file tampering charges.

One official said the Blue Jays' actions were "blatant," but that doesn't necessarily mean the club will go through with it. It's known within the organization that Duquette had interest in the job, which could complicate matters.

Ok, cool. So we keep our exec of the year, the Jays get nothing except a whole lot of egg on their face and a possible tampering charge.

Cool. :thumbsup1:

Like the White Sox. They got to keep their guy. So do we. Rogers on to Rizzo now?

Archived