Jake Arrieta Off to a Good Start

Yardball85

I'm never a fan of giving up on young starting pitching. I said this the day we traded Jake. Especially for Scoot freaking Feldman.

Strop though, is anyone actually upset that we moved him? He's a 29 year old decent arm out of the pen. Nothing more.

I'm never a fan of giving up on young starting pitching. I said this the day we traded Jake. Especially for Scoot freaking Feldman.

Strop though, is anyone actually upset that we moved him? He's a 29 year old decent arm out of the pen. Nothing more.

I thought Feldman really helped stabilize the staff to be honest. Jake was given a ton of chances. Having said that, maybe the Orioles just didn't have a lot of confidence in their player development folks at the ML level at that point? I would have a much higher level of confidence with our pitching coach now.

• 2 months later...
I have money that says he outperforms Lester this year.

Watching the game on MLB network since the O's game ended, everytime I watch him pitch he's absolutely dominating lineups 1,2,3 in order. His leg kick, positioning on mound, arm slot, it's all changed. Good for him. Glad he's with the Cubs who are my brother's in laws favorite team versus him being in the AL east.

Watching the game on MLB network since the O's game ended' date=' everytime I watch him pitch he's absolutely dominating lineups 1,2,3 in order. [b']His leg kick, positioning on mound, arm slot, it's all changed.[/b] Good for him. Glad he's with the Cubs who are my brother's in laws favorite team versus him being in the AL east.

I agree for the most part. His delivery is really quite similar to when we had him but the changes along with syncing those things seems much better. His arm slot on all his pitches always is there and he gets tremendous depth on his CU. His FB touched 97 at times and I thought his motion just seems effortless now.

I watched the Cubs feed and they commented on his work ethic, how he never is breathing heavy. I remember that about him and felt like eventually with the way he worked he'd get it worked out.

Tough to give up on not only young pitchers, but young pitchers with options.

Arrieta - 7-5, 3.07 ERA, 1.088 WHIP

Hammel - 5-2, 2.56 ERA, 0.938 WHIP

Wada - 1-1, 3.73 ERA, 1.277 WHIP

Strop - 1-3, 2.73 ERA, 0.909 WHIP, 7 GF, 2 saves

Chicago takes old Oriole pitchers and wins with them.

Damn, that's kind of painful.

Archived