Manny Machado so far

Scrat1

He's been having pretty good at bats for awhile now, but the results just aren't there. He's running a ridiculous .188 BABIP (career: .312), so I think we'll start to see some improvement in short order.

His error today was a shame, but for the most part his D has looked as advertised. Good to have him back.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should have made that play today, but it was one of those weird bounces that is going to cause anyone an error every so often.

I do wonder if the shifting is causing more errors. That ball was right at a 3B who playing a normal position. Manny was way over in the SS whole, making that a rare play for him.

I don't know the details on Manny's error today -- what happened exactly? Sounds like he just missed a backhander?

It was a bouncer hit right where a 3B is normally positioned but Manny was shifted a good 20-25 feet off the line. So he had to take a weird angle to the ball and he misjudged the bounce. The shorthop was bigger then he expected and bounced off his glove. He knew it was an awkward play, you could see him hesitate on how hard to charge the ball.

I don't know the details on Manny's error today -- what happened exactly? Sounds like he just missed a backhander?

One of those groundballs that's pounded into the ground and takes a long initial bounce that an infielder either charges and short-hops or stays back on if they have time. Manny was out of his usual position b/c of the shift and took a step or two in when he probably should have stayed back (probably would have been a little rushed on the throw in that case) and ended up in no man's land where it became a very difficult back-handed play.

Chen's error(s) was much worse.

He's been having pretty good at bats for awhile now, but the results just aren't there. He's running a ridiculous .188 BABIP (career: .312), so I think we'll start to see some improvement in short order.

His error today was a shame, but for the most part his D has looked as advertised. Good to have him back.

MM's going to have big season, starting soon.

Tonight Manny looked to me like he's beginning to lock in at the plate. He had an eight pitch at bat culminating in a line drive opposite field single where he went with the pitch beautifully, then in the 9th he pulled a double down the LF line. He also drew a walk. His performance at the plate was the highlight of the game for me.

He also made an error on a pretty tough play throwing from the OF grass when Davis couldn't handle the short hop. Luckily no runs resulted.

Tonight Manny looked to me like he's beginning to lock in at the plate. He had an eight pitch at bat culminating in a line drive opposite field single where he went with the pitch beautifully, then in the 9th he pulled a double down the LF line. He also drew a walk. His performance at the plate was the highlight of the game for me.

He also made an error on a pretty tough play throwing from the OF grass when Davis couldn't handle the short hop. Luckily no runs resulted.

The error call was a joke. Manny looks real good right now. With some of the injuries we really need him.

Yes, as I was saying.... :D

The error call was a joke. Manny looks real good right now. With some of the injuries we really need him.

The error was deserved. He got in position to make the play. He took his eyes off the ball ready to make the throw and botched it. Should have been an out.

The error was deserved. He got in position to make the play. He took his eyes off the ball ready to make the throw and botched it. Should have been an out.

I don't think you are talking about the same play. His most recent error came on a throw from the outfield grass that short-hopped Davis and he couldn't handle it.

Archived