vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/23

OFFNY

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think I am going to take a break till May. Really, really, really bad baseball these last 4 games. As bad as any Os sequence since 2011. Hopefully they will wake up but it is like a bad accident right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm usually not one for hyperbole but there's a lot of truth in this assessment

I'm sure plenty of people are blaming Angelos the team's problems, but it's not his fault that our holdovers have forgotten how to play the game.

Maybe Tillman should've signed an extension during the off-season, because to this point he certainly proving his value. The team was depending on him to give them a long start with limited runs allowed, and he's not doing it. Unlike Orioles hitters, opposing teams have not wasted walks nearly as much.

Look, I know it's still early in the season, I know we looked thoroughly mediocre to start the year last year as well and I know we probably will improve as the season progresses.

But with that said, I think that regression the "experts" have been predicting for 3 straight years is probably coming this year.

Our pitching isn't going to be as good as it was last year, bullpen or starters.

Our offense misses Cruz and a healthy wieters quite a bit with manny and Davis among others being so unproductive.

And most importantly of all, our entire division outside of Tampa bay is much much improved from last year.

The sox are exponentially better, the Yankees seem to finally have their act together and the jays offense is scary good.

We won't just roll over the a least like we did last year. Which means more than likely, we aren't making the playoffs this year.

The theory that the orioles have 5 number 4's in our rotation has never looked more true.

Let's hope they make this entire post completely pointless and prove everyone wrong yet again..........but I just don't see it this year.

Talk me down off the ledge please.

Archived