Is it too early to be worried about the starting pitching as a whole?

calmunderfire

Sad to say this is true.

Why is it sad? Unless he's hurt, why would you demote a guy coming off a run of about five years as a solid mid-rotation starter based on three starts? If he's healthy, well... you don't see guys have a change in true talent from a 3.75 ERA to a 17.00 ERA overnight.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we afford those losses if Norris continues to struggle? I hope that he's able to work hard to get his stuff together so he can pitch wel as a starter. Or for that matter, as a reliever.

I'd rather seem him doing it in the bullpen as you suggest. Sure it is April and we are only three games out, but we have KG ready to go as well as Tyler Wilson. It seems inevitable that we are going to have to DFA or send back Garcia. There is going to be an open spot even if we want KG to stay in the bullpen. Might as well get it over with and get rid of Garcia and give Bud a few innings to prove himself in the bullpen.

As another thread pointed out, 3 of the 5 starters' ERAs are under 3.1

Saying that the team ERA is over 5 is just a simplistic way of saying Bud Norris and Chris Tillman are off to a horrible start to the season. I'd expect Tillman to improve steadily and Norris should settle down into the 4-4.5era range.

It's still April. Bartolo Colon won't win the Cy Young, the Mets won't win 115 games. There's still 140+ games to play

As another thread pointed out, 3 of the 5 starters' ERAs are under 3.1

Saying that the team ERA is over 5 is just a simplistic way of saying Bud Norris and Chris Tillman are off to a horrible start to the season. I'd expect Tillman to improve steadily and Norris should settle down into the 4-4.5era range.

It's still April. Bartolo Colon won't win the Cy Young, the Mets won't win 115 games. There's still 140+ games to play

Tillman got burned for 3 or 4 runs with that scoring change.

Archived