Zach Davies is pitching his butt off

wildcard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good perspective sir. They are some big misses I will argue, bur fair enough.

I didn't follow on your last point-what moves did you think people are pushing for that might be bad? (giving MW a QO?)

Yeah didnt finish the thought. It seems a lot of people most critical of DD want him to make moves that most people know will back fire. And he will get blamed for them backfiring. Like in this thread, a poster suggesting that MW should be worth 2 WAR next year. But when he doesnt put it up. It will be DD to blame.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Good points. Syd Thrift had a GREAT career with the Pirates. Does that make his senile moves with the Orioles worthwhile?

Only so many GM jobs in baseball. What have you done for me lately?

I am not calling for his head. I am saying, I am concerned he still doesn't "get it". This offseason will tell us a great deal.

You might not be, but many others are, wont name names, but you know whom the trolls are. :)

The difference between DD and Syd. DD's did some great work here.

I know I'm going to get destroyed on here for saying this, but don't you think Duquette should be fired? Think of this. He usually does next to nothing every offseason, then makes a half-hearted attempt to bandaid situations when it's too late by emptying our farm system. Our farm system is a complete laughing stock now because of this mismanagement. Before anybody says "we've made it to the playoffs because of him," I personally think our success has more to do with Buck and the foundation built by MacPhail. I think Duquette just happened to be the guy at the wheel when everything went right. What are your guys thoughts?

How exactly did he empty the farm system? And it was a laughing stock before DD.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I know I'm going to get destroyed on here for saying this, but don't you think Duquette should be fired? Think of this. He usually does next to nothing every offseason, then makes a half-hearted attempt to bandaid situations when it's too late by emptying our farm system. Our farm system is a complete laughing stock now because of this mismanagement. Before anybody says "we've made it to the playoffs because of him," I personally think our success has more to do with Buck and the foundation built by MacPhail. I think Duquette just happened to be the guy at the wheel when everything went right. What are your guys thoughts?

I think Andy should get lots of credit for starting to rebuild the team, and for getting Angelos to stop meddling, not to mention Sarasota.

With that said, personally, I think DD and Buck has worked well in the previous 3 seasons and should be given credit.

Been a terrible year, but not ready to throw it in and to a total rebuilt.

My opinion, DD did not empty out the farm system, again, just my opinion.

Parra wasn't going to move the needle so why trade a pitcher than potentially could for the next 5 years? I am not even that big of a Davies fan and I wouldn't have done the deal. It was a bad move. Period. For a lesser price, maybe but we should have been sellers from the get go.

That's a great analysis after knowing the team nosedives but at the time even the division was still a reasonable goal. We needed an outfielder and we got a good one but had to pay the price. I don't see how that is an issue.

That's a great analysis after knowing the team nosedives but at the time even the division was still a reasonable goal. We needed an outfielder and we got a good one but had to pay the price. I don't see how that is an issue.

Agree to disagree. Check my posts. I have been saying since 30 days prior to the deadline, we needed to be sellers. No revisionist history there.

I get your point, I just don't think this was year with so many guys leaving. I feel we could have helped restock things, so to speak, if we had been sellers. And to be clear, that doesn't mean "blow it up", simply restock.

Agree to disagree. Check my posts. I have been saying since 30 days prior to the deadline, we needed to be sellers. No revisionist history there.

I get your point, I just don't think this was year with so many guys leaving. I feel we could have helped restock things, so to speak, if we had been sellers. And to be clear, that doesn't mean "blow it up", simply restock.

I will back you up there, you and I have had this discussion often about selling and buying, and yes, there is a difference between selling and blowing it up.

Barren, and 1st place for both AAA and AA.

Strange.

I am not sure barren is the right word, but your point is invalid. We both know DD has people playing below their competition levels. Having said that, I am glad to see Bowie and Norfolk doing well (I go to a lot of Bowie games myself).

But I think the guy is right. Our farm system needs addressing big time.

The reason it is bad? Mainly injuries and bad luck but it is about time we accept responsibility for other pitchers going elsewhere and being successful like Jake. Learn from our mistakes and improve.

Archived