Zach Davies is pitching his butt off

wildcard

I am not sure barren is the right word, but your point is invalid. We both know DD has people playing below their competition levels. Having said that, I am glad to see Bowie and Norfolk doing well (I go to a lot of Bowie games myself).

But I think the guy is right. Our farm system needs addressing big time.

The reason it is bad? Mainly injuries and bad luck but it is about time we accept responsibility for other pitchers going elsewhere and being successful like Jake. Learn from our mistakes and improve.

I enjoy the park in Bowie and wish I had more free time to get down there.

Point is not invalid, there is talent at both levels.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoy the park in Bowie and wish I had more free time to get down there.

Point is not invalid, there is talent at both levels.

Talent and being true prospects are two different things.

Yeah, my buddy does the PR stuff there. I got to answer a question on the jumbotran last time. He gave me the answer first though! LOL! No fun.

Definitely love Bowie games! I got a Manny Pirate Bobblehead last time! ha ha.

Because we have so many AAAA guys. Of course Norfolk is winning games. That does not mean we have a strong system. We probably have the weakest farm in all of baseball.

according to baseball prospectus:

The Detroit Tigers had the worst farm system in baseball heading into the season, according to the Baseball America Prospect Handbook, and little has changed.

These are the types of trades that teams in the hunt need to make, as was Arrieta and Rodriguez. I guess the "Parra doesn't move the needle" argument is valid but at the same time something needed to be done at a time when we weren't out of it and Dan wasn't trading Gausman and Bundy and Harvey are hurt so they weren't really on the table. Everybody grab the closest Kleenex and wipe those tears!

I agree that something needed to be done. We should have traded our tradable Free agents and retooled for next season. Any Free agent to be that brought more value than a draft pick should have been moved. Blue Jays went for it, Duquette tried to better his team, but either did not evaluate his team correctly or refuses to go into retool mode.

Talent and being true prospects are two different things.

Yeah, my buddy does the PR stuff there. I got to answer a question on the jumbotran last time. He gave me the answer first though! LOL! No fun.

Definitely love Bowie games! I got a Manny Pirate Bobblehead last time! ha ha.

Agree, talent and true prospects is not the same.

It is not barren, nor like one poster said, the worse system in MLB.

Agree, talent and true prospects is not the same.

It is not barren, nor like one poster said, the worse system in MLB.

I don't think he said the worst. He just said bad, which it is. Would it be better with Bundy/Harvey? Sure, but it is what it is.

I agree that something needed to be done. We should have traded are tradable Free agents and retooled for next season. Any Free agent to be that brought more value than a draft pick should have been moved. Blue Jays went for it, Duquette tried to better his team, but either did not evaluate his team correctly or refuses to go into retool mode.

I agree with every word of this!

You arent answering how it was emptied. You said something. Now explain it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Our farm system is arguably the most barren in all of baseball, and what do have to show for it?

Surprising. Guess you cant explain how DD emptied it?

Sorry, was responding to an OP that claimed the Orioles had the worse minor league system in MLB.

So are you saying that Baseball Prospectus was wrong about Detroit?

You are basically arguing that we arent the worst because we were ranked 28th or 29th instead of 30th.

Sorry, was responding to an OP that claimed the Orioles had the worse minor league system in MLB.

So are you saying that Baseball Prospectus was wrong about Detroit?

Detroit added to their system at the deadline. We subtracted from ours, plus our top 2 prospects have been hurt all year. I would be shocked if Detroit's system was still considered worse than ours.

You are basically arguing that we arent the worst because we were ranked 28th or 29th instead of 30th.

LOL-I was going to say that, but was trying to be nice:)

Redskins Rick-glad to see they made the move with Cousins. I scored some cheap tix for tomorrow night. 50 yard line 3rd row and the cost was $34 for 2 tickets! AWESOME!

I actually like UCF a little so wanted to see Bortles up close (if he plays). Regardless, care more about the weather and experience than the game.

Archived