Watching David Lough Bat Makes My Eyes Bleed

Rene88

Lough seems to run a lot faster in the OF than on the bases. Would it be legal for him to wear a glove when he's on base? Probably not.

Great speed, horrible base stealer. It's frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great speed, horrible base stealer. It's frustrating.

He had a good jump on that one (not always the case). The catcher just made an perfect throw. I think just about any player gets thrown out on that pitch and throw.

Yep, although it is also possible that what we perceive as great speed on defense is as much reaction time, instinct and great route running as it is speed.

Some guys with above average speed do not have the instincts it takes to be good at stealing bases.

Some guys with above average speed do not have the instincts it takes to be good at stealing bases.

Yeah, I suspect it is some combination of the two. He has such great defensive range, we assume he should be a great base stealer and just isn't.

He had a good jump on that one (not always the case). The catcher just made an perfect throw. I think just about any player gets thrown out on that pitch and throw.

I didn't think his jump was that good. He had a good lead but he didn't break as soon as Jepsen delivered to the plate.

Lough looked real good tonight. Glad to see he has taken advantage of the increased playing time.

Roy is also a big fan it seems.

Didn't Lough go 0-4 tonight? But he really looked good swinging that bat. :rolleyestf:

In his second AB (and his 4th too) he grounded out on the first pitch. The camera panned to Buck and he was shaking his head. I got the impression that either Buck dididn't like Lough swinging at the first pitch or just didn't like the pitch (at the knees) he swung at.
Did you note my "roll eyes" emoticon? My emotions were similar to Buck's.

Archived