O's in Philly

waroriole

I was there for work for the past two weeks. Just got back home to DC today. Didn't plan that trip on the right week.

Stayed in Bella Vista. Great neighborhood with the Italian Market right there. I think I'd gain 100 pounds if I lived in that City. Love a good sammich.

I was there for work for the past two weeks. Just got back home to DC today. Didn't plan that trip on the right week.

Stayed in Bella Vista. Great neighborhood with the Italian Market right there. I think I'd gain 100 pounds if I lived in that City. Love a good sammich.

Yeah, there's a lot of good places to eat in South Philly. Did you go to Paesano's? Not South Philly, but great sammich.

Yeah, there's a lot of good places to eat in South Philly. Did you go to Paesano's? Not South Philly, but great sammich.

I did actually if it's the one on S. 9th street in the Italian Market. That place is about three blocks from the B&B I was staying at. Got the Italian sub. Had some weird name to it that I don't recall, but it was very good.

Philly is a great foodie town. It's tough to go wrong. If you (or anyone) go to either game, you must hit Tony Luke's on Oregon Avenue. Just up from the stadium on Front Street. It's about 5 minutes north of Citizen's Bank Park. There is a Tony Luke's stand in the stadium, but I suggest going to the original store at Front and Oregon. While their cheesesteaks are tremendous, their signature sandwich is the roast pork and provolone. Get the sharp provolone, and if you are adventurous, the broccoli rabe. It's quite possibly THE perfect sandwich.

I did actually if it's the one on S. 9th street in the Italian Market. That place is about three blocks from the B&B I was staying at. Got the Italian sub. Had some weird name to it that I don't recall, but it was very good.

Oh yeah. I forgot there's one there. If you're ever back, get the lamb sausage. Amazing.

Archived