If Dan leaves the Orioles

Diehard_O's_Fan

If Dan leaves the Orioles, will most of the people he has hired leave with him? This is the biggest concern that I have if Dan leaves for Toronto. I could be wrong but it seems like the Orioles have good scouts and a good minor league staff. I would hate to see most of Dan's guys leave. It could set the Orioles back for years. I hope Peter does whatever it takes to keep Dan.

If Dan leaves the Orioles' date=' will most of the people he has hired leave with him? This is the biggest concern that I have if Dan leaves for Toronto. I could be wrong but it seems like the Orioles have good scouts and a good minor league staff. I would hate to see most of Dan's guys leave. It could set the Orioles back for years. I hope Peter does whatever it takes to keep Dan.[/quote']As far as I know, he can't leave.

If Dan leaves the Orioles' date=' will most of the people he has hired leave with him? This is the biggest concern that I have if Dan leaves for Toronto. I could be wrong but it seems like the Orioles have good scouts and a good minor league staff. I would hate to see most of Dan's guys leave. It could set the Orioles back for years. I hope Peter does whatever it takes to keep Dan.[/quote']

He's under contract through 2018. If he leaves, it will be because Angelos wants him to or because the O's have received more than he's worth in compensation.

Yeah, I would have the same concern. Despite the criticisms, I think DD has brought a hole new sense of analytics (scouting and statistics) that this organization has lacked for years. If he's taking his people braintrust with him, that could hurt.

He's under contract through 2018. If he leaves, it will be because Angelos wants him to or because the O's have received more than he's worth in compensation.

That was decided already. It won't be revisited. My opinion.

Yeah, I would have the same concern. Despite the criticisms, I think DD has brought a hole new sense of analytics (scouting and statistics) that this organization has lacked for year.

The criticisms have come mostly from one vocal crowd. Overall, how can anyone deny the results Dan has achieved since taking over this franchise? You can argue some of the foundation was laid by MacPhail, but Duke has sealed the deal.

If Dan leaves the Orioles' date=' will most of the people he has hired leave with him? This is the biggest concern that I have if Dan leaves for Toronto. I could be wrong but it seems like the Orioles have good scouts and a good minor league staff. I would hate to see most of Dan's guys leave. It could set the Orioles back for years. I hope Peter does whatever it takes to keep Dan.[/quote']

What Peter need to do is what he did. He gave Dan a chance to pursue it. That door is closed. Please. No more of these threads.

Archived