vs. Phillies June 18

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I continue to be amazed at major league players(especially pitchers when asked) and their inability to safely bunt a baseball.

I think this is one thing that gets overblown by us fans.

I think it's safe to guess that most of us played little league growing up.

In my experience in Little League, putting down a bunt was treated similarly to making your FT's in basketball... It's supposed to be easy, and it WAS easy. A fastball coming at you flat with very little break at 50 mph.

This skill, however, rarely translates to professional baseball. I think fans seriously underestimate how difficult it is to bunt a ball coming at you with that combination of velocity and break.. no matter how much you practice it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Parmelee tops all in votes at the DH spot for International Lg voting of Triple-A All-Star game. I sense he won't be available 4 that.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">June 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't think it is just KC.

I think the bat toss and some of the other stuff have soured the national fanbase on Machado, at least for right now.

Yeah, unfortunate. He's calmed down a bit. I haven't seen him argue with umps as much this year. He did get ejected a few weeks back, though.

Archived