No-Hitter/Perfect Game Watch Thread

ArtVanDelay

6 hours ago, emmett16 said:

I mean, that part of the game was ok…

This is pretty crazy. Not surprising that he chose to try it against a position player junkballer like Phillips though, and it makes total sense. I bet most of these guys could switch hit to some degree because of how naturally talented they are. I wonder if this moment will be a springboard into players batting oppo for position player pitchers. Mullins comes to mind.

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Looks like Pirates have pulled the trick of getting no-hit and winning 1-0.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401354753

Reds Hunter Greene with 22 of 24 outs, team only needed 24 since they lost as visitor.

I suppose odd situation for Reds hitters in top of the 9th there.

Ends up being "unofficial". 

On 5/15/2022 at 4:16 PM, Just Regular said:

Looks like Pirates have pulled the trick of getting no-hit and winning 1-0.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401354753

Reds Hunter Greene with 22 of 24 outs, team only needed 24 since they lost as visitor.

I suppose odd situation for Reds hitters in top of the 9th there.

I remember when the O’s did that in 1967.  Actually, they lost 2-1.   https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL196704301.shtml. Rookie Mark Belanger came in as a defensive replacement in the 9th and made an error that lost them the game.

I can remember watching that game, I was 14. I grew up just across the border from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, they carried Tigers games. They didn't televise all the games back then, but always seem to televise their away games in Baltimore. Maybe because the announcer was George Kell, who played for the Orioles or because Al Kaline was from Baltimore. Kell was such a homer I couldn't cheer for the Tigers and hated the Yankees, so I just latched on to the O's. Sure wished the Orioles could have a run of pitchers like back in the 60's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Luis Castillo, one of the premium pitchers rumored to be on the trade deadline trading block, is having a fine audition at Yankee Stadium, into the 6th inning.

Ruh roh.    If he's not careful, fans outside the Central divisions might discover who he is...

78 pitches in 5 innings gonna need a team effort.

• 1 month later...

If you thought we might get some help in our wild card chase from the Nats out in Seattle tonight.... Robbie Ray has not allowed a hit through 6 innings so it doesn't appear the Nats are being very helpful so far.

But it's only 2-0 in the bottom of the 6th.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...