Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

You don't think Parra is better than Snider/Parmelee/Lough? Hmm

As long as he maintains that .372 BABIP. He certainly wasn't better than Snider or Lough last year. He is better than Parmelee in that he is more flexible (and better) defensively, but that isn't a huge need. Over his career he has been better than all three, but not a giant leap forward, and not worth Davies in my opinion.

My feelings are a little mixed. I can't say Parra won't move the needle. If he continues to hit as well as he has so far this year, that does move the needle a bit IMO. But, there's a pretty significant risk that he'll revert to his .737 OPS self, and in that case, this is a disaster. Either way, Davies is a high price to pay for a two month rental. So, I am against this trade, but if Parra produces at anything like his current level for another two months, it will soften my feelings about it.

Clearly they will not be selling this year. Ok, then. They're going for it.

They now have an everyday left fielder for the rest of the season. Will still be interesting to see who they stick in RF. Do they keep trotting Chicken Parm out there at first with Davis at RF? I hope they shift Reimold to right. He's the only one who looks like he wants the job lately. Cut Parm, please.

@Buster_ESPN: The Orioles could still make a Yoenis Cespedes deal work, even after getting Gerardo Parra.

Now this though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somehow, I think the Tigers would prefer to deal Cespedes elsewhere rather than have to pitch to him for the next three games. I am assuming there will be other offers out there of equal or greater value to the O's.