Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

You laugh, but DD is insane. He might do it. Just watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really think he might do that, even though it would leave a huge hole in the rotation and make it impossible to compete? Or, are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

330 OBP for his career. Nothing to get excited about.

I'm talking about this season. He actually put up 4 wins on D in 2013. He just isn't playing great D this year, but he is getting on base better than just about anyone other than Manny.

You really think he might do that, even though it would leave a huge hole in the rotation and make it impossible to compete? Or, are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

I don't know what I believe. I really held out hope he might do the right thing and sell. I am not a big fan of DD right now. My stress level will go down once the deadline passes and he doesn't give up more prospects we can't afford to trade.

I'm talking about this season. He actually put up 4 wins on D in 2013. He just isn't playing great D this year, but he is getting on base better than just about anyone other than Manny.

Parra's actually getting on base at a better clip than Manny this season.

He's rocking a 370 BABIP and his career wRC+ is 95.

He's as or more likely to fall back to career norms as he is to continue at his current level.

Not too many guys become a totally different hitter their sixth year in the league.

He's rocking a 370 BABIP and his career wRC+ is 95.

He's as or more likely to fall back to career norms as he is to continue at his current level.

Not too many guys become a totally different hitter their sixth year in the league.

I don't like the trade. I said "at least he's getting on base" kind of sarcastically. I feel like you think I'm okay with the move. I hate it.

Fire breathing space cats! This piece is a metaphor for Duquette and the pressures of being a GM in the AL East. I encourage you to meditate on it and find what it means to you. Is he vaporizing the competition? The farm system? You decide.

firebreathingspacecat.gif

It's a cat. It could be spitting fire on just about anything--just because it feels like it.

I think it perfectly represents the Dodgers over the last few years. Why do they make the moves they do? Because they can.

I like those odds. What are the odds that Snider becomes the guy he was the 2nd half of last year?

Just realize that Travis Snider has been about a win better with the glove than Parra so far this season. This team is supposed to be built around D.