vs. TWINS, 8/20

OFFNY

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJ is the opposite of an aggressive hitter. He watches strikes and swings at balls. If he'd swung at the first pitch of the AB, he might've hit it a long way. It was almost exactly down the middle of the plate.

He hasn't had power or that "fire" about him for a long time. Is he growing complacent with his long-term contract?

I hope it's some type of injury bothering him because otherwise we are looking at a punch less SS who's defense while still good, will be declining over the next several years of his contract.

2nd and 3rd no outs, not going to score. We've seen this before.

It's so pathetic. 2nd and 3rd no outs against a brutal pitcher and of course they don't score. How many times lately have they fallen behind by multiple runs because of a combo of awful pitching/terrible hitting early? Hopefully they can come back and win again but it's not realistic to expect that to happen every game. They need to change their pre game routines or something because it's simply not working at this point. Gonzo needs to be much better and the offense should have AT LEAST 2 runs at this point. Wake up.

How long can this team tolerate JJ Hardy at SS

I wonder how far it goes next year before they DFA him and eat his contract

They're not going to DFA a guy they're this invested in monetarily. We're not the Dodgers or the Yankees. We can't afford to throw away millions of dollars.

Even if we tried to trade him, we'd have to eat a lot of his contract for them to accept him. And we'd get a bag of balls in return. Right now he is worthless.

We have no alternatives for Gonzo right now. Miranda isn't ready. Steve Johnson might be but they have to wait another couple of weeks. Wright was horrible after a good start or two.We have to deal with a lousy Miguel.

We do have an alternative--if we reach a must win situation (or close), give Matusz the start over Miguel. And no, I'm not kidding...

Archived