Brittany Ghiroli on frustration in O's locker room

Nevermore

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KC and TOR have much better farm systems + we had our 2 top prospects in a top heavy farm system shelved. I agree we could have done more but simply signing Cruz + Miller would still not make this team a playoff team.

That's conjecture that can't be proved or disproved. How does one quantify leadership? More importantly, how does one quantify the effect of having a true clean-up hitter in the lineup to take pressure off of practically every other player in said lineup? How do you quantify the effect on the pitching staff of knowing that the offense won't be there to bail you out if you make a mistake?

The fact is no one can really say what this team's record would look like if we had Cruz all season. Most would agree that the Wins/Losses would certainly look better, though - the only question is how much better. And that's a question we can debate forever.

That's conjecture that can't be proved or disproved. How does one quantify leadership? More importantly, how does one quantify the effect of having a true clean-up hitter in the lineup to take pressure off of practically every other player in said lineup? How do you quantify the effect on the pitching staff of knowing that the offense won't be there to bail you out if you make a mistake?

The fact is no one can really say what this team's record would look like if we had Cruz all season. Most would agree that the Wins/Losses would certainly look better, though - the only question is how much better. And that's a question we can debate forever.

But how would Cruz perform with all the pressure on him? Who would Cruz rely on? I think he would crumble in this line-up knowing we don't have a true #3 or #5 hitter.

But how would Cruz perform with all the pressure on him? Who would Cruz rely on? I think he would crumble in this line-up knowing we don't have a true #3 or #5 hitter.

Chris Davis is 26th in MLB with a 133 wRC+. If that's not a legitimate middle of the order hitter then how many are there in baseball? 10?

Is she quoting a player or players? Then it's 100% bull****.

Sometimes you have to state an opinion as your own analysis when you get way inside info that a source absolutely cannot be tied to. It isn't ideal, but sometimes that's the best you can do.

nd it isn'

This farm system has produced a starting position player since Jonathan Schoop! And before that you have to go all the way back to Caleb Joseph and Manny Machado.[/QUOT

And it is not going to get better until we have a FO that won't trade the best of our thin minor league system for rental players that will not move the needle. This argument that our minor league system is too thin....Yes it is! and that is our own fault. I only wish I had confidence that this organization is going to start to do things right and build from within.

Is she quoting a player or players? Then it's 100% bull****.

I think Britt is a pro at what she does and has earned the right to comment on the status of the club from an informed perspective. She's not going to attached names to an analysis of this nature. She may not have analyzed the 2015 O's from A-Z, but calling her comments "100% bull****" for failure to attach names to each and every thought offered is weak.

You are assuming that what she is conveying is nothing more than what she personally thinks, based on no sourcing information.

I'm not sure you understand how an assumption works. I'm not "assuming" anything, I'm merely saying that her giving her characterization of the clubhouse, is her characterization of the clubhouse. It would be like you telling me that wasn't even her on the interview, but some alien that came down and took her body. You're right, I can't disprove that argument, but it's not an "assumption" on my part to say "No, that was her." The burden is on you, the person who is assuming a fact not there, i.e. she is really an alien, to prove it.

Sometimes you have to state an opinion as your own analysis when you get way inside info that a source absolutely cannot be tied to. It isn't ideal, but sometimes that's the best you can do.

That's fine. I don't think anybody is arguing there is NO WAY this isn't what players told her. But she doesn't indicate that is the case, so before I join in with the "SEE!!! CHEMISTRY!!!! MARKAKIS!!! DELMON FREAKING YOUNG!!!!" told you so's, I'll wait for a little more than us just "assuming" she is repeating what players told her.

Archived