Brittany Ghiroli on frustration in O's locker room

Nevermore

Here is something for you that your buddy Tim Brown wrote.

Sometimes it is best to just enjoy the life you have instead of trying to enrage all those around you.

I actually very much appreciate what you copied there. However, I'm not trying to enrage anyone, I'm trying to get those who fought and argued so vehemently against the Orioles FO making positive moves this past offseason to admit that they were wrong.

Those who cursed, snarked and were generally unpleasant whenever anyone dared to wonder aloud why DD didn't do anything from November 2014 through February 2015. Those dudes were actively trying to enrage folks.

I call them out. They - of course - remain silent and pretend that they were always critical of the situation.

Ridiculous.

MSK

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually very much appreciate what you copied there. However, I'm not trying to enrage anyone, I'm trying to get those who fought and argued so vehemently against the Orioles FO making positive moves this past offseason to admit that they were wrong.

Those who cursed, snarked and were generally unpleasant whenever anyone dared to wonder aloud why DD didn't do anything from November 2014 through February 2015. Those dudes were actively trying to enrage folks.

I call them out. They - of course - remain silent and pretend that they were always critical of the situation.

Ridiculous.

MSK

I hate to keep saying this.

It isn't about results, it's about the having the proper process.

If the process is correct then more times then not the outcome will be sound.

No matter what Dan did it could have backfired.

He mostly had the correct process, it didn't work in this instance.

Ridiculous.

MSK

I admit that the Orioles off season failed. So did the Nationals and the Mariners.

It's tough enough for all of my friends here to deal with the pain of the last few weeks. You do not need to go about in pity. Or look to call anyone out. I did not care for you starting the thread about someone that had said such horrible things about the ownership of this site either. I stick up for you far more than you know. Congrats on the show.

KLaw: would not have given Cruz 4 years despite incredible year, has no position, aging. Questionable to see what value he really has to the Mariners and could be a rough back end of the contract.

Jones on Losing Cruz and Markakis - Dec 4th

“Welost Cruz and Markakis -- that’s two big holes. I texted Cruz the other day. Isaid, ‘Congratulations, man. You deserve it. I’m glad you did the best for youand your family. I’m going to miss you. I’m going to miss all that damn foodyou bring in. But I’m not going to miss all the 35 people you bring in everydamn day [to the clubhouse]. I’m not going to miss that. I’m not going to missyour dad and uncle sleeping on the couches. I’m not going to miss that.’ But,seriously, I’m happy for him. But this game has turned into a business. Andwith all the sabermetrics and all the statisticians and with all that going on,I think they are really using that as a platform for a lot of contracts. I’mlocked in, so I don’t know what free agency feels like. But when you break itdown and see how it all works, how the process works out, sometimes it’s thehardest decision in the league.

[font=]

[/font]

[font=]Jones on the club’s future:

[/font]<iframe name="google_ads_iframe_/4011/trb.baltimoresun/sports/orioles/blog_6__hidden__" width="0" height="0" id="google_ads_iframe_/4011/trb.baltimoresun/sports/orioles/blog_6__hidden__" src="javascript:%22%3chtml%3e%3cbody%20style='background:transparent'%3e%3c/body%3e%3c/html%3e%22" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border-image: none;

border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px;

border-top-width:0px;display:none;vertical-align:bottom;visibility:hidden"></iframe>"Now we'll see what’s the move. This is something I believed in while signing asix-year deal. Now, it’s OK if you make a move like this; these are two bigmoves. If you look at it monetarily, these are two guys are getting $100million dollars. So these are two guys that are eating $25 million a yearbusiness-wise. I don’t think that’s crazy for them, [the Orioles] might thinkthat is. So, OK, the plan is me trusting Showalter. The famous slogan ‘In Buckwe trust, [font=]Baltimore[/font].’ So he has to have something up his sleeve, now we justhave to sit and wait. It’s a long offseason. The winter meetings are coming,it’s a lot of things that are happening now. It’s crazy, though. To me, I feellike I lost my superstar teammate. It’s like I lost one of my core, but we’llsee what they’ve got up their sleeves.

<aside data-role="socialshare_item imgsize_ratiosizecontainer" data-state=" " data-load-method="innerHtml" data-load-type="comment" data-content-id="82177115" data-content-premiumoverride="premium" data-content-type="story" data-content-subtype="column" data-content-size="small">[font=]Jones on his role now:

[/font]

“AllI want is for the team to make the best moves for the team. I don’t know whatthe best move for the team is in that term. Because, at end of day, I go outthere and play. I’m not the one behind [the scenes] making all the moves. I canonly suggest. I don’t know the economics or evaluation of it. I can just say Iwant this guy on my team because I like the way he plays, he puts up numbers.He does this. He plays the game like this.”

[font=]

Jones on making his opinions heard:

[/font]

“Ithink my teammates respect my opinion because I’m passionate. You want to winand you want to have the guys that help you win. I mean, something has to bebrewing in order for them to let Markakis go. I have to have the respect forthe front office that they deserve. I have to see what Showalter and Dan[Duquette] have up their sleeves. I’ve reached out to them, seeing what ideasthey have, not much luck there. But, hey, they have something up their sleeves.It’s a long offseason. They better have something up their sleeves.”

Full Story:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-adam-jones-discusses-the-departure-of-nick-markakis-and-nelson-cruz-20141204-story.html

<strike></strike>

</aside>

I mean I'm not trying to tell people what to do but the guy clearly has a pathology and there's no reason to talk to him or acknowledge him. His Christ-on-the-cross act is so old and people keep giving him what he wants.

My apologies.

Normally I wouldn't engage someone living under a bridge, but I had previously looked up those numbers and saved them to my phone.

The urge to copy/paste a cold, hard statistical rebuttal to his shenanigans was simply to tempting for me to resist lol.

Jones on Losing Cruz and Markakis - Dec 4th

“Welost Cruz and Markakis -- that’s two big holes. I texted Cruz the other day. Isaid, ‘Congratulations, man. You deserve it. I’m glad you did the best for youand your family. I’m going to miss you. I’m going to miss all that damn foodyou bring in. But I’m not going to miss all the 35 people you bring in everydamn day [to the clubhouse]. I’m not going to miss that. I’m not going to missyour dad and uncle sleeping on the couches. I’m not going to miss that.’ But,seriously, I’m happy for him. But this game has turned into a business. Andwith all the sabermetrics and all the statisticians and with all that going on,I think they are really using that as a platform for a lot of contracts. I’mlocked in, so I don’t know what free agency feels like. But when you break itdown and see how it all works, how the process works out, sometimes it’s thehardest decision in the league.

[font=

]

[/font]

[font=

]Jones on the club’s future:

[/font]<iframe name="google_ads_iframe_/4011/trb.baltimoresun/sports/orioles/blog_6__hidden__" width="0" height="0" id="google_ads_iframe_/4011/trb.baltimoresun/sports/orioles/blog_6__hidden__" src="javascript:%22%3chtml%3e%3cbody%20style='background:transparent'%3e%3c/body%3e%3c/html%3e%22" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border-image: none;

border-bottom-width:0px;border-left-width:0px;border-right-width:0px;

border-top-width:0px;display:none;vertical-align:bottom;visibility:hidden"></iframe>"Now we'll see what’s the move. This is something I believed in while signing asix-year deal. Now, it’s OK if you make a move like this; these are two bigmoves. If you look at it monetarily, these are two guys are getting $100million dollars. So these are two guys that are eating $25 million a yearbusiness-wise. I don’t think that’s crazy for them, [the Orioles] might thinkthat is. So, OK, the plan is me trusting Showalter. The famous slogan ‘In Buckwe trust, [font=

]Baltimore[/font].’ So he has to have something up his sleeve, now we justhave to sit and wait. It’s a long offseason. The winter meetings are coming,it’s a lot of things that are happening now. It’s crazy, though. To me, I feellike I lost my superstar teammate. It’s like I lost one of my core, but we’llsee what they’ve got up their sleeves.

<aside data-role="socialshare_item imgsize_ratiosizecontainer" data-state=" " data-load-method="innerHtml" data-load-type="comment" data-content-id="82177115" data-content-premiumoverride="premium" data-content-type="story" data-content-subtype="column" data-content-size="small">[font=

]Jones on his role now:

[/font]

“AllI want is for the team to make the best moves for the team. I don’t know whatthe best move for the team is in that term. Because, at end of day, I go outthere and play. I’m not the one behind [the scenes] making all the moves. I canonly suggest. I don’t know the economics or evaluation of it. I can just say Iwant this guy on my team because I like the way he plays, he puts up numbers.He does this. He plays the game like this.”

[font=

]

Jones on making his opinions heard:

[/font]

“Ithink my teammates respect my opinion because I’m passionate. You want to winand you want to have the guys that help you win. I mean, something has to bebrewing in order for them to let Markakis go. I have to have the respect forthe front office that they deserve. I have to see what Showalter and Dan[Duquette] have up their sleeves. I’ve reached out to them, seeing what ideasthey have, not much luck there. But, hey, they have something up their sleeves.It’s a long offseason. They better have something up their sleeves.”

Full Story:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-adam-jones-discusses-the-departure-of-nick-markakis-and-nelson-cruz-20141204-story.html

<strike></strike>

</aside>

I really don't care.

Unless Jones is willing to name the folks he wanted Dan to dump to make room for Cruz and Markakis I don't care.

For him to just wish that his buddies stayed without acknowledging the role money plays in it is no different the the child of a working poor family wishing for a new iphone for Christmas.

Connolly is more in tune then any of them..Has Roch ever written a unflattering piece about the Orioles,

Dan Connolly is an award winning National Baseball writer. Not just an Orioles beat reporter. The Sun is VERY fortunate to have him because of his home's proximity. He's a bigger market guy.

I really don't care.

Unless Jones is willing to name the folks he wanted Dan to dump to make room for Cruz and Markakis I don't care.

For him to just wish that his buddies stayed without acknowledging the role money plays in it is no different the the child of a working poor family wishing for a new iphone for Christmas.

~I think Jones was okay with the moves at the time because, as he said in the article:

• “Now we’ll see what’s the move.”
  • “So, OK, the plan is me trusting Showalter.”
  • “I feel like I lost my superstar teammate. It’s like I lost one of my core, but we’llsee what they’ve got up their sleeves.”
  • “All I want is for the team to make the best moves for the team. But, hey, they have something up their sleeves. It’s a long offseason. They better have something up their sleeves.”

Do you think now he feels the FO made the best moves for the team and he’s OK with the state of affairs?

Archived