Who's in the Orioles' top 10 prospects for 2015?

Frobby

On September 9, 2015 at 7:34 PM, eb45 said:

Off the cuff, here's what I've got:

1. Bundy

2. Harvey

3. Reyes

4. Sisco

5. Stewart

6. Mancini

7. Mountcastle

8. Hess

9. Fenter

10. Gunkel

Two observations: One, people need to get on the Gray Fenter train. Two, the system isn't really as barren as you'd imagine from seeing a 26-30 ranking. There's obviously very little in the way of top-end talent (the two guys who fit that description have thrown a combined 22 innings this season), but there's a wealth of high-probability bullpen arms, which I feel the baseball cognoscenti tend to undervalue, and there's significant upside in the lower levels, particularly from the most recent draft class. Very few who I'd call serious prospects, but lots and lots of interesting follows. So what I'm saying is that while there's no justification for the system to be ranked highly right now, there's reason to be optimistic for the future.

Wanted to give this a bump to remind the OHers of some of the most enthusiastic projection of the Fent.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 8, 2015 at 9:46 PM, ChuckS said:

1. Sisco

2. Reyes

3. Bundy

4. Harvey

5. Mancini

6. Mountcastle

7. Walker

8. Wilson

9. Hess

10. Stewart

Wright is going to have over 45 days on the active roster, so he will lose his rookie status. Wilson will not. It's a sad list and I'm putting Stewart in at 10 as a courtesy. High probability that he is a bust. A soon to be 22 year old advanced college bat should not be struggling like he has in short season ball. He's had over 200 at bats, so it's a decent enough sample size to make some conclusions. I have Sisco and Reyes ahead of Bundy and Harvey because of the uncertainty surrounding their injuries/recoveries.

I think Walker has become somewhat of a forgotten man. His OPS is at .748 in Norfolk, which is not bad considering the league and the park. .925 against lefties, so he may have a platoon career ahead of him at least. He's still solidly in the top ten for me, which I can't do for Dariel Alvarez. Alvarez is too old and too mediocre to be considered a real prospect.

I had forgotten how highly Reyes as been viewed, another guy with a high ceiling.

On September 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM, wildcard said:

Triggs looks like a closer so far.

Reyes has a ways to go to prove he is an everyday player. Not saying he will not prove it in time, but for me he is not there yet. He is in the top 20.

Did Triggs used to throw hard? He's the worst mlb player I've ever seen in my life.

On September 10, 2015 at 11:56 AM, RZNJ said:

I am not overwrought. You jumped into the deep end of the pool with an anchor chained around your neck. You have no idea about what you are talking about. I think you know that. I hope you know that.

I ask you again. If the people who know more about prospects than you (which apparently is everyone) are 100% confident that Reyes is a top 10 prospect and a much better prospect than Triggs, why wouldn't you use that knowledge and information when constructing your list? Are you being willfully ignorant?

Mountcastle > Furgeson.

Archived