Arrieta Posts

TonySoprano

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has always been huge. Since a teen. Guess he was lifting 24-7 or *cough* enhancing *cough* with the Birds as well...

The Orioles have certainly had their issues with PEDs. I don't think Jake was that though.

I disagree. Jake had many chances in Baltimore. He couldn't cut it in Baltimore.

He is pitching well in the NL. But could he be as good pitching in the ALEast? I

really don't think the O's lost out on anything. Anyway past history.

Bravo, well said.

Terrible, terrible trade in hindsight. It wasn't a 3 for 1 but let's stop sugar is ting this one: the Orioles brass screwed up at an epic and historic level.

This is why you can easily doubt an organization that has the least amount of scouts in all of MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you remember how bad Arrieta looked as an Oriole?

In 2012 he had a 4.05FIP and 3.65xFIP in 119 1/3 IP. An 8.56K/9 and 2.75BB/9 are both good, but he was just absolute trash with men on base as shown by his 57.3LOB% which is almost 20% below where most pitchers are. Based on those numbers it looks to me like he had issues pitching out of the stretch. Fix those and you'd have fixed him.

In 2012 he had a 4.05FIP and 3.65xFIP in 119 1/3 IP. An 8.56K/9 and 2.75BB/9 are both good, but he was just absolute trash with men on base as shown by his 57.3LOB% which is almost 20% below where most pitchers are. Based on those numbers it looks to me like he had issues pitching out of the stretch. Fix those and you'd have fixed him.

We had to get that TTTP (time to the plate) up!

Finley was worth 17.6 rWAR in the five seasons after the trade.

Harnish was worth 8.1 rWAR in the four seasons after the trade.

Shilling was worth 11.8 rWAR in the five seasons after the trade.

So the O's traded 37.5 rWAR in assets so they could pay Davis over 10 million for three years of service and .7 rWAR worth of production.

So the O's came out almost 37 rWAR in the red on the deal.

If Jake keeps putting up 9 win seasons it will be close.

(not sure on years of team control, just took a quick look)

Not to be that guy but do we need another thread like this? I know that I could just not reply or read this thread but we've been down this road before and the answer doesn't change.

I don't know, if Jake puts up back to back 12 WAR years it does change.

Jake and Pedro just need to put up 37.6 rWAR.

I don't know, if Jake puts up back to back 12 WAR years it does change.

Jake and Pedro just need to put up 37.6 rWAR.

To me, we can keep bringing it up, but nothing changes. Jake was a bit of a head case and the team didn't develop him properly. He's thrown 2 no-hitters and won a Cy Young. I think we all knew he could be better but I can't remember anyone predicting this good. Davis was just a bad trade. They wanted a power hitting first baseman and what they gave up was pretty standard, 3 decent prospects (Can't remember them being high end prospects. I was a pre-teen at the time). They both turned out bad. Move on.

Archived