Arrieta Posts

TonySoprano

That's pretty sad. Ask Tony to chime in as to what Arrieta looked like out of college in the locker room. He's a beast; always has been. And Guillen's son is a rich kid that wasn't very good at baseball but gets a platform because of his daddy. YAWN...

It really is. I have no idea where the Steroid rumors started, but even I would not make a post like that unsubstantiated. And I do believe that the masking is ahead of the testin gin today's baseball.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind, everybody wanted Jake gone, and of course, most of those, now claim they didn't want him gone.

I was not against the Arrieta trade at the time. I'm still not against it. Jake had his chances here, for whatever reason (I know there are a lot of them), it wasn't going to happen here.

Matusz has definitely had value over the last few years (although I have advocated trading him before), but for some reason he's not what we expected he would be. If he goes somewhere else and has success, then so be it. Sometimes people do just need changes of scenery. That is a real thing. Chris Davis wasn't Chris Davis in Texas. Darren O'Day wasn't an All-Star there either.

Oh yea I fully admit I gave up on Jake, It was never going to happen here, too bad and that's a ugly fact. You win some, you lose some, we lost big time on Jake, oh well.

If that wasn't complete hogwash, everyone would end up .500. I aspire for this org to win and for it to win we have to own and learn from our mistakes. Shrugging your shoulders isn't good enough

Oh yea I fully admit I gave up on Jake, It was never going to happen here, too bad and that's a ugly fact. You win some, you lose some, we lost big time on Jake, oh well.

I disagree. Jake had many chances in Baltimore. He couldn't cut it in Baltimore.

He is pitching well in the NL. But could he be as good pitching in the ALEast? I

really don't think the O's lost out on anything. Anyway past history.

If that wasn't complete hogwash, everyone would end up .500. I aspire for this org to win and for it to win we have to own and learn from our mistakes. Shrugging your shoulders isn't good enough

No, some folks do enough bad that they end up around .400 and some enough good to end up .600.

Also, had you seen this before?

I assumed that was where your comment was coming from.

Dan and Rick Peterson had an event where they had Sarah show the software that they had bought and invested in to replace some of the advance scouting. It was pretty cool as you could break down every at bat all year, sort based on velocity and spin rate of the pitch and focus on minute location differences. It was really quite impressive to see.

Archived