Jack Cust, back to the bigs!

markdublya

Remind me again why everyone worships Jack Cust so much...i just went back and checked his stats for the 500th time and still cant figure it out.

Would that be the home run every 19 at bats or the .429 OBP you're confused about?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remind me again why everyone worships Jack Cust so much...i just went back and checked his stats for the 500th time and still cant figure it out.

He hits bombs, walks a ton and collects a minimum salary. .429 career minor league OBP, 500+ slugging (albeit in some good hitting environments).

Would that be the home run every 19 at bats or the .429 OBP you're confused about?

Those are Minor league numbers though, right? why is he a career minor leaguer? If he's so valuable then why have so many teams given up on him. There has to be a reason, it can't just be that every poster on here is smarter than the GM's all over the league. I don't wish the man any ill will, and do appreciate that he has impressive minor league stats. I just don't understand all the attention he's gotten over the years.

Those are Minor league numbers though, right? why is he a career minor leaguer? If he's so valuable then why have so many teams given up on him. There has to be a reason, it can't just be that every poster on here is smarter than the GM's all over the league. I don't wish the man any ill will, and do appreciate that he has impressive minor league stats. I just don't understand all the attention he's gotten over the years.

Because his defense is indifferent, and being labeled a "career minor leaguer" is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Because his defense is indifferent, and being labeled a "career minor leaguer" is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Fair enough, I hope he gets a chance to do something in Oakland, but once Swisher and Bradley come back, he may not get much time.

He's a DH. There's no way around it.

Yea, no doubt about that. The problem in Oakland is that Swisher will have to DH for now because he's still hurt. When he gets back to the OF, maybe Cust can play until Piazza returns.

Ah yes... the one they call "Cust" goes to Oakland... and the one called "Knott" comes back for his revenge... I foresaw this... it is DESTINY.

The two dejected AAAAers will lead their respective teams in OPS, HR, and RBI. In the ALCS, they will meet upon the pitching mound at Oriole Park, whereupon they will kung fu fight for 40 days and 40 nights to determine who is the better of the all-hit no-field semi-major leaguers. Only after Cust trips over his own shoelaces will Knott vanquish him with his Splintered Bat of a Thousand Doubles. Orioles win the Series 3-2.

Ya, I don't know about you guys, but Orioles' fans fascination with the guy never made sense to me. I mean, he only had an .878 OPS when he was with us. So what if his minor league line is .285/.429/.514. It's not like we're paying millions of dollars for a guy to do what Cust could do, have an .800 OPS and not run or play defense.

Ah yes... the one they call "Cust" goes to Oakland... and the one called "Knott" comes back for his revenge... I foresaw this... it is DESTINY.

The two dejected AAAAers will lead their respective teams in OPS, HR, and RBI. In the ALCS, they will meet upon the pitching mound at Oriole Park, whereupon they will kung fu fight for 40 days and 40 nights to determine who is the better of the all-hit no-field semi-major leaguers. Only after Cust trips over his own shoelaces will Knott vanquish him with his Splintered Bat of a Thousand Doubles. Orioles win the Series 3-2.

Hilarious!!!

Ya, I don't know about you guys, but Orioles' fans fascination with the guy never made sense to me. I mean, he only had an .878 OPS when he was with us. So what if his minor league line is .285/.429/.514. It's not like we're paying millions of dollars for a guy to do what Cust could do, have an .800 OPS and not run or play defense.

Yeah, no sense in keeping the guy who leads your team in OPS. I mean, you may as well keep your manager of the year if you're going to do stuff like that! ;)

Jack Cust II - The Revenge of Jon Knott is opening in Camden Yards tomorrow according to our insider's info. Get your tickets now for this performance!

That performance has been cancelled...Dumb and Dumber will be rerun instead.

Archived