Mancini is promoted to AAA

wildcard

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand that but overall that is close to 30M coming free in the next two year. Joseph can man catcher and Sisco is not far behind at the rate he is going. We will need a SS unless you sign Manny to play short and then we'd need a 3rd baseman. There are options.

All I'm trying to say is if we stay around the same payroll amount of 150M then I think we can afford Manny. The deferred money on Davis really has opened up possibilities, and my gut tells me they worked those deferrals to try to fit Manny in long term.

Free agents at the end of the season.

15.8m Wieters replaced by Perez or Pena

9.15m Trumbo replaced by Walker LF, Rickard RF

5.75m P. Alvarez replaced by Mancini

3.9m Matusz replaced by Lee or Toliver

2.6m Worley replace by Drake (Bundy as a starter)

1.3m Reimold replaced by ?

38.5m Total

Problem is not enough lefties in the lineup.

• 1 month later...

Trey Mancini | 1B | Orioles

ETA: 2016

Value: Quietly Rising

It absolutely sucks being a first base prospect in the Orioles system. Look at poor Mancini, whom you’ve probably never heard of. Baltimore spent the offseason re-upping incumbent first baseman Chris Davis to a seven-year deal for more than $160 million. Another prospect, Christian Walker, currently at triple-A, has been ready for The Show for about a year now — although he might be suffering through a little triple-A staleness right now. And that brings us to Mancini, who hasn’t stopped slugging this year while playing at both the double-A and triple-A levels. Combined, he’s produced a .914 OPS with 13 home runs in 57 games. The 2013 eighth-round pick out of Notre Dame has also shown the ability to hit for a high average through the minors, although he sells out a little bit to produce the plus power and the slow feet will also hinder his hopes of hitting .300 in The Show. The Orioles may actually be better off by cutting bait on big league DH Pedro Alvarez and instilling Mancini in the starting (or platoon) role.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/prospect-stock-watch-judge-mancini-tellez/

Trey Mancini | 1B | Orioles

ETA: 2016

Value: Quietly Rising

It absolutely sucks being a first base prospect in the Orioles system. Look at poor Mancini, whom you’ve probably never heard of. Baltimore spent the offseason re-upping incumbent first baseman Chris Davis to a seven-year deal for more than $160 million. Another prospect, Christian Walker, currently at triple-A, has been ready for The Show for about a year now — although he might be suffering through a little triple-A staleness right now. And that brings us to Mancini, who hasn’t stopped slugging this year while playing at both the double-A and triple-A levels. Combined, he’s produced a .914 OPS with 13 home runs in 57 games. The 2013 eighth-round pick out of Notre Dame has also shown the ability to hit for a high average through the minors, although he sells out a little bit to produce the plus power and the slow feet will also hinder his hopes of hitting .300 in The Show. The Orioles may actually be better off by cutting bait on big league DH Pedro Alvarez and instilling Mancini in the starting (or platoon) role.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/pro...ancini-tellez/

First, I disagree that Christian Walker "has been ready for The Show for about a year now." He had a .763 OPS in limited time at AAA in 2014, slid a bit to .748 OPS in 2015, and is at .724 now. None of that screams "ready for The Show" to me.

As to Trey Mancini, he is sporting an .815 OPS in 41 games of AAA ball. That's pretty solid, considering how tough it is to hit in Norfolk, but I'm in no hurry to bring him up. Let him continue to accumulate AAA experience, and if we need him sometime in the 2nd half of the season, we can give him a shot. He certainly has a legit chance to be a contributor late this season or early next.

First, I disagree that Christian Walker "has been ready for The Show for about a year now." He had a .763 OPS in limited time at AAA in 2014, slid a bit to .748 OPS in 2015, and is at .724 now. None of that screams "ready for The Show" to me.

As to Trey Mancini, he is sporting an .815 OPS in 41 games of AAA ball. That's pretty solid, considering how tough it is to hit in Norfolk, but I'm in no hurry to bring him up. Let him continue to accumulate AAA experience, and if we need him sometime in the 2nd half of the season, we can give him a shot. He certainly has a legit chance to be a contributor late this season or early next.

Seconded. Good post.

Archived