Mancini is promoted to AAA

wildcard

I'd be inclined to disagree if Pastorfan's theory is true. That is cheap cost controlled players and we have a lot of money coming off the book in Wieters and Hardy. Of course we need to find a SS or 3B but I don't think the money is out of range assuming we keep with a similar payroll we're working with now.

Hardy comes off the books next year

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardy comes off the books next year

I understand that but overall that is close to 30M coming free in the next two year. Joseph can man catcher and Sisco is not far behind at the rate he is going. We will need a SS unless you sign Manny to play short and then we'd need a 3rd baseman. There are options.

All I'm trying to say is if we stay around the same payroll amount of 150M then I think we can afford Manny. The deferred money on Davis really has opened up possibilities, and my gut tells me they worked those deferrals to try to fit Manny in long term.

I understand that but overall that is close to 30M coming free in the next two year. Joseph can man catcher and Sisco is not far behind at the rate he is going. We will need a SS unless you sign Manny to play short and then we'd need a 3rd baseman. There are options.

All I'm trying to say is if we stay around the same payroll amount of 150M then I think we can afford Manny. The deferred money on Davis really has opened up possibilities, and my gut tells me they worked those deferrals to try to fit Manny in long term.

The numbers might add up.. part of this is going to be will the Organization be willing to sign a 300 million dollar deal (assuming Manny wants to stay in Bmore).

I'm excited to see what Mancini can do in the tough environment of Harbor Park. Just to close out on his AA performance:

2015: .359/.395/.586

2016: .302/.413/.698

Combined: .350/.399/.604 in 101 games, 20 HR, 71 RBI.

Those are very good numbers obviously in a tough prospect league. If he keep s hitting well at Norfolk, he's going to force his way to the big leagues at some point this year. Christian Walker has also been hitting at Norfolk and holding his own in LF. I'd like to see Mancini get some reps in RF as well. Can't hurt to see if he can have some additional value, especially since the Orioles first base situation is pretty secure for the next seven seasons.

Those are very good numbers obviously in a tough prospect league. If he keep s hitting well at Norfolk, he's going to force his way to the big leagues at some point this year. Christian Walker has also been hitting at Norfolk and holding his own in LF. I'd like to see Mancini get some reps in RF as well. Can't hurt to see if he can have some additional value, especially since the Orioles first base situation is pretty secure for the next seven seasons.

Any word on his glove work?

So if he doesn't is he a loser then? :scratchchinhmm::vader:

No. I liked Brandon Snyder. Just because you fail as a baseball player does not make you a loser as a person. When I said we have a winner, I meant that we drafted better than the Yankees. Who took Jagielo in the first round then gave him up to the Reds when he failed.

No. I liked Brandon Snyder. Just because you fail as a baseball player does not make you a loser as a person. When I said we have a winner, I meant that we drafted better than the Yankees. Who took Jagielo in the first round then gave him up to the Reds when he failed.

Sorry I was trying to be intentionally funny. Failure :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived