vs. ATHLETICS, 5/08

Sessh

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well a position player just struck out Jones.

I expect Weams to have nothing positive to say about Jones for at least one full season. :P

At least Frenchie spent a year in the minors trying to become a pitcher.

Francouer? Spelling optional.

Rickard did have a good game today and the Orioles are having one of their "score em all in one game" episodes today. Oakland's pitching has been bad in this one.

Defense hasn't been much to speak of either. :P

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Cole "Cy Young" Irvin is pitching? We've got a good chance!
    • No reason both Perez and Baumann can’t go eventually.  GRod and then, hopefully, Wells coming back.      Baumann even on a good day managed to throw one over McCann and to the backstop.  I also thought he got away with a few middle/middle pitches.  He throws some great pitches but you just know the mistake pitch is right around the next corner or a walk. I feel the same way about Perez.  His fastball is 96-97 but hittable.  He’ll throw 1 good breaking pitch per outing.  The rest are balls or hangers. Love having Suarez, the strike thrower.  Wells is another strike thrower.   The only question is who goes to the pen when GRod comes back but whoever it is will be more reliable than Baumann or Perez.
    • @Just Regular, do your series matchup jive thing. Lol. 
    • Here's an interesting article on the same issue by Eno Sarris of the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5477905/2024/05/13/mlb-new-bat-speed-numbers/ The last part of the article talks about the rise of injuries related to chasing bat speed. Turns out rib and Oblique ijuries might be the batters equivalent of the UCL for pitchers.
    • Game 1: Burnes (2.83) vs. Berrios (2.85)  Game 2: Bradish (1.86) vs. Bassitt (5.06) Game 3: Irvin (2.90) vs. Kikuchi (2.64) Some good pitching matchups, but we have to take care of business and show them why they are the inferior bird. 
    • If Elias could justify calling up Holliday with the some roster makeup, then I don't see why Mayo shouldn't be called up.  It's the same case for him.  Super prospect, with elite skills, that can be a real difference maker now and in September/October, and that we're willing to sacrifice the Super Two to have him up right now.   We're at the 1/4 point of the season, meaning that guys will need regular rest.  Mayo could easily be playing in 6 out of every 7 games, and he should be.  
    • Tickets for today in mid row sec 52 or first row club 248 for under $35. Amazing! I already paid $46 each using the Flex plan. Maybe they'll score some runs for Burnes.    
  • Popular Contributors