vs. ROYALS, 6/07

Sessh

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don't think the AAA and Major League numbers are comparable at all since it is not a one-to-one translation. RF could be open in 2025 with a possible/likely Santander departure in FA.
    • I was just looking for you to acknowledge that it’s possible, not likely, that Holliday could wind up in CF, especially if Mayo were to come up and do well defensively and offensively at 3B.   You are/were stubborn.
    • I think you need to look to trade one of them during the offseason and O'Hearn is the most logical one based upon handedness.
    • I don't think was a good idea nor the wisest use of his development time, especially as it became quite apparent that Gunnar was the best SS in the org. But the Orioles don't always operate in a way that makes sense to me (and who am I but some random yahoo on a message board?). So there's that.
    • Yeah, it is not a proven fact. It’s a way more complicated question than a simple statistical analysis is capable of evaluating. There is going to be an optimal strikeout rate for every pitcher.  Above that rate, they are going to be looking to be too fine with their pitches and miss too much. Below that rate, they are going to be giving up outs for hits.  15 years ago you could point to some studies in the public sphere and be pretty confident that major-league teams were behind. There is no chance that you can say that now  Even writes at places like Fangraphs routinely say there are clubs that are way ahead of the SABR community.  The Orioles being as data driven as they are likely are one of these teams. 
    • If acknowledgment/validation was all you were looking for, I would have done that weeks ago and spared both of us all this back and forth...lol
    • It seems we have room for two of these four to be the starting 1B/DH the majority of the time. If it weren't for O'Hearn and Mountcastle, Mayo and Kjerstad would probably be full time MLB players, or very close, by now.  O'Hearn (FA next year with team option): .926 April, .653 May, .783 overall (129 OPS+), historically can't hit LHP Mountcastle: .836 April, .754 May, .808 overall (134 OPS+), slight splits Kjerstad (AAA): 1.119 April, .918 May, 1.103 overall Mayo (AAA): 1.059 April, injured most of May, .964 overall Overall both O'Hearn and Mountcastle have been productive, but O'Hearn had a pretty weak May and can't hit LHP. Seems like he should be on a tighter leash than Mountcastle. I think June is a big month for O'Hearn with Kjerstad knocking on the door, and maybe Mayo too. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now