Breaking: Dylan Bundy Starts On Sunday 7/17 In Tampa Bay

OFFNY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he doesn't respond well they could break him again, this time for good.

Well the other option is to trade him for a starter. This way at least if he pitches well we get to keep him for the next 6 years.

He also put five guys on base and threw 56 pitches. And it was one outing!

We're also talking about a guy who hasn't thrown 60 pitches in a game since 2014.

This is a mistake all around.

And watching Jiminez lose the game is a better option? If Bundy isn't successful than go to the next guy. Really no-lose situation.

To me this looks like a panic move in response to the Red Sox acquiring Pomeranz.

In the Connolly article posted July 14, it looked pretty clear that they had a carefully designed plan to transition him back into the rotation.

Now 1 day later, they are going to scrap that and put him into the rotation.

Seems very short sighted. Say he pitches well out of the rotation. Are they really going to let him start till Oct if we make the playoffs/World Series?

To me it's a solution that's not really a viable solution. Not worth the risk. I don't want Bundy to be Matt Harvey.

To me this looks like a panic move in response to the Red Sox acquiring Pomeranz.

In the Connolly article posted July 14, it looked pretty clear that they had a carefully designed plan to transition him back into the rotation.

Seems very short sighted. Say he pitches well out of the rotation. Are they really going to let him start till Oct if we make the playoffs/World Series?

To me it's a solution that's not really a viable solution. Not worth the risk. I don't want Bundy to be Matt Harvey.

I'll wait and see how deep he goes.

If he is out of the pen for 3-4 IP/70 pitches than I don't care. If Buck tries to get 5IP out of him I'm worried.

Buck first said early in the year, that he envisioned Bundy maybe in the rotation for the 2nd half.

I doubt Pomeranz has anything to do with the decision. It will be interesting to see what Buck says in the pre-game presser about what the plan is with Bundy, though knowing him he'll be a bit coy about it.

Archived