Breaking: Dylan Bundy Starts On Sunday 7/17 In Tampa Bay

OFFNY

If our rotation is so desperate, then he should get plenty of chances for longer stints from the bullpen, like he did tonight.

The guy had a good game tonight. He's also had several bad games recently. I don't believe that Bundy starting is anywhere on Showalter's radar right now.

I think you are wrong. I think Bundy starting is very much in management's minds. If he has 2-4 more outings like tonight, he's going to start. Book it.

OK.

I'll book it.

And if he isn't in the starting rotation like after 2-4 more outings like that, I'll unbook it.

If he has a few more dominant appearances and doesn't start, remind me and I will acknowledge I was wrong.

Bundy has had a few more dominant appearances since your post (June 9th), and he has not started.

Bundy is starting on Sunday, 6 appearances (since June 9th) later.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bundy is starting on Sunday, 6 appearances (since June 9th) later.

Is this confirmed?

I heard Dan on the local radio station this morning saying that it is a possibility that Bundy could start this season and seemed to indicate there was no hard innings limit set for him and that is was Buck's decision (to put him in the rotation).

If Bundy is starting on Sunday, I would think it's going to be a 3-4 inning stint since he needs to be able to build his arm strength up to go five or six.

I'm not sure there is a huge difference between Dylan going 75 or 125 innings this season. He's been brought on slowly enough and is several years removed from his surgery.

Is this confirmed?

I heard Dan on the local radio station this morning saying that it is a possibility that Bundy could start this season and seemed to indicate there was no hard innings limit set for him and that is was Buck's decision (to put him in the rotation).

If Bundy is starting on Sunday, I would think it's going to be a 3-4 inning stint since he needs to be able to build his arm strength up to go five or six.

I'm not sure there is a huge difference between Dylan going 75 or 125 innings this season. He's been brought on slowly enough and is several years removed from his surgery.

I read it on Roch Kubatko's Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/753953228132327424

Can't say I love this, as I think it's a bit of a desperation move to deviate from what we've said since spring training (to paraphrase, just gotta keep him healthy). That said, it's certainly exciting. I'll just be nervous every time he goes out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't see how this benefits anyone. Not Bundy (who's still recovering), not the team. People are too focused on the Dodger game. He's been passable but far from dominant this season. I don't get it.

His last outing was 2.1 innings and 7 Ks

How can you call that far from dominant?

I just don't see how this benefits anyone. Not Bundy (who's still recovering), not the team. People are too focused on the Dodger game. He's been passable but far from dominant this season. I don't get it.

Might just be a little test for him. I can't imagine he goes more than 4 innings/75 pitches, but maybe they just want to see how he looks in that role. I don't take it as a sign that he is going to be installed into the rotation for the rest of the season or anything. It seems to me this is as good a time as any to give him a little test.

If it's a one-time thing, and he only goes 3 or 4 innings, I'm OK with it.

We don't need dominance from Bundy. 5-6 innings a start allowing 2-3 runs an outing is fine and will be a big improvement for this team.

His last outing was 2.1 innings and 7 Ks

How can you call that far from dominant?

He also put five guys on base and threw 56 pitches. And it was one outing!

We're also talking about a guy who hasn't thrown 60 pitches in a game since 2014.

This is a mistake all around.

We don't need dominance from Bundy. 5-6 innings a start allowing 2-3 runs an outing is fine and will be a big improvement for this team.

If it was as easy as you make it sound, the O's wouldn't have two gaping holes in their rotation. Quality starts don't just grow on trees.

If it's a one-time thing, and he only goes 3 or 4 innings, I'm OK with it.

This I'm fine with, if they just want to prepare him like a starter and stretch him out a little before handing it over to a long man and then the rest of the pen.

Would you rather start Ubaldo and then bring Dylan in down 6-0 in the second inning? He will be on a pitch limit probably in somewhere in the 60's. That may get you 3 or 4 innings, maybe into the 5th if all goes well. I think Bundy has recovered. How many innings is good for him to pitch no one has the exact answer. I think Buck has had this in mind for a while now when he started putting Dylan in games with 4 or 5 days rest. If he gives us 10 starts averaging 5-6 innings then I think you couldn't ask for anymore. Whether then he could pitch in the post season well you tackle that when it gets there. We need to get there first. The Red Sox have added Pomeranz to their rotation. The Orioles have added Bundy without giving up anyone. Lets see which is a better move.

Archived