Can't keep playing Mark Trumbo in RF

webbrick2010

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes I wonder why we can't play CD in right, and Trumbo at first (presuming Trumbo's better defensively at 1B than RF). Davis is so athletic, seems like a better match in the outfield.

I think that would have been the smarter decision, but Buck is adamant about keeping Davis on 1st - often pointing out that he's convinced that Davis is a gold glove caliber 1st baseman.

For maybe the 5th time recently, Trumbo just gave up on a high fly ball behind him and let it bounce at the base of the wall while he stood around for a good 2-3 seconds waiting for the carom after pulling up about 10 feet short of the fence. You have to make an effort to catch that ball IMO.

For maybe the 5th time recently, Trumbo just gave up on a high fly ball behind him and let it bounce at the base of the wall while he stood around for a good 2-3 seconds waiting for the carom after pulling up about 10 feet short of the fence. You have to make an effort to catch that ball IMO.

Yeah, I'm getting to be in the move Trumbo from RF camp. To do this though, we need to trade for an outfielder and move Pedro Alvarez.

Could be a tall order.

It's almost as if he thinks the balls are going to be homeruns and just gives up. Either that or he is afraid of the wall.

That doesn't sound like it's that big of a deal. ;)

Archived