We have had discussions with MIN re: Santana and Abad

Sir_Loin

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not crazy about this deal. Giving up our three best prospects and taking on $26 mil plus in payroll. Seems like we're getting fleeced.

That's one person's speculation, mind you.

I don't envision any deal where the O's send both Sisco and Mancini packing. They'd want it to be one or the other, then some of their other prospects.

I still think it's more likely that we see Mancini go, being that we're shored up DH and Chris Davis will be at first base for the next 7 years. Sisco fills an immediate need as soon as next year.

That's one person's speculation, mind you.

I don't envision any deal where the O's send both Sisco and Mancini packing. They'd want it to be one or the other, then some of their other prospects.

I still think it's more likely that we see Mancini go, being that we're shored up DH and Chris Davis will be at first base for the next 7 years. Sisco fills an immediate need as soon as next year.

On the other hand, I couldn't see Minnesota wanting Mancini with Mauer under contract.

Sisco is like a young version of Mauer with his hitting ability and average power. I could see the Twins insisting on him in any deal. I'd hate to give him up, but with pitching at a premium, and Santana a proven, veteran innings eating starter, that's the cost of doing business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santiago would be an unmitigated disaster. Can't believe they're still even calling about him.

You've said this before, but I do not understand what it is based on. He has been solid with Anaheim for the last few years and could provide similar production to what Chen gave us the last few years.

I fully understand our need for pitching and respect everyone's opinion here but this is total insanity in my book to pay this price. Don't do it DD!!:(

To pay what price? You don't even know what the price is. Sir_Loin said earlier in the thread they were imagining one high prospect and two mid-level prospects. That doesn't sound too bad for a solid starting pitcher and a lefty reliever who can fill gaping holes in the middle of a pennant race. Especially since you've got control of the SP potentially through 2019 with the team option (rather than a two-month rental).

Archived