vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/30

Sessh

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baseball is incredibly frustrating at times, but let's take a look at which of these sources of frustration could be remedied by the commissioner:

1. Bad strike call changes outcome of AB

2. Hit a ball hard right at a defender

3. Having a terrible AB and swinging at two chest high fastballs

Yes, and number 1 would also include..Cost team a tying run, potentially loses a game in a pennant race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even though he is pitching OK, I am still so hacked off at how much Ubaldo has damaged this season that I really don't care if he pitches well at this point or not. Too little, too late and it will be just enough to keep him pitching again next year and again losing.

They've decided to see if they can salvage some value out of him next season. Otherwise they'd already have removed him. There was literally no other reason to keep him.

Very unlucky inning there, between the bad call on Pearce and Manny's liner right at the RF.

I always wonder how much a hitter leaving the box early on an expected ball four call affects the umpire. Reimold stayed until the call was made, Pearce was on his way to 1B.

They've decided to see if they can salvage some value out of him next season. Otherwise they'd already have removed him. There was literally no other reason to keep him.

Yes, that should be how the Os promote the games for fans..."Come out and watch us try to salvage some value." Yippee!

Yes, and number 1 would also include..Cost team a tying run, potentially loses a game in a pennant race.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's so frustrating that we continue letting human error from non-players make a significant contribution to the outcome of games. Am I wrong to want the players to decide it?

Archived