Thank You, Mark Daniel Trumbo

OFFNY

8 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I see your point, but I can wait until September to see Stewart again. I'd rather see Mullins, or even McKenna.

Stewart is red hot right now, having the best year of his MiL career.    I’d rather see him than Trumbo for sure.    

Mullins, after not hitting at all here, has been very mediocre in AAA.   McKenna is struggling big time in AA.

It sucks, because we really do need a CF.

Just now, Frobby said:

Stewart is red hot right now, having the best year of his MiL career.    I’d rather see him than Trumbo for sure.    

Mullins, after not hitting at all here, has been very mediocre in AAA.   McKenna is struggling big time in AA.

It sucks, because we really do need a CF.

But Stewart had a bad series in Louisville.

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Yes, I was more attracted by their defense. Too bad on McKenna. I thought he may be the answer.

Still only 7 homers for Stewart though and below .280. Trumbo could hit that many in a week :)

Trumbo has never hit 280 in the majors.

Stewart has a 399 OBP.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty sure he's not a hall of famer.

But I think that 2019 Stewart is better than 2019 Trumbo.

Trumbo had the 2nd highest OPS on our team last year, behind only Manny.

If he had come into this year healthy it wouldn't have been a shock if he led our team in OPS.

[Just playing a little devil's advocate.   I'm not thrilled with him worsening our logjam situation anymore than you are].

Just now, SteveA said:

Trumbo had the 2nd highest OPS on our team last year, behind only Manny.

If he had come into this year healthy it wouldn't have been a shock if he led our team in OPS.

[Just playing a little devil's advocate.   I'm not thrilled with him worsening our logjam situation anymore than you are].

And Stewart still put up a superior rWAR in a fraction of the games.

Stewart is better than Smith and Mancini in the outfield, Trumbo is worse than both.

22 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Yes, I was more attracted by their defense. Too bad on McKenna. I thought he may be the answer.

Still only 7 homers for Stewart though and below .280. Trumbo could hit that many in a week :)

What’s wrong with 7 homers in 38 games?    That’s a 30-homer pace over the length of a major league season.

But in any event, Stewart is one of these guys whose main skill is just getting on base a lot, with some pop.   His BA isn’t going to wow you, and his power is solid, but not Trumbonian (see what I did there?).  Of course, he’s a much better fielder than Trumbo, which is to say, he’s in the upper 90% of all outfielders.   

29 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

If Stewart ever hits 30 homers in a MLB season, I will buy a jersey or something. I'm sure he is a better fielder.

I’m not saying he will.   He seems more like an 18-25 kind of guy.   But at OPACY, you never know.  

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

Stewart has never hit .280 in the minors.

I hope I'm wrong and he's a Hall of Famer - nothing personal, just not a fan.

Stewart can play the outfield and Trumbo is purely a DH. I am not sure why we are comparing them.