Orioles' Adam Jones berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, that was in the 60s and 70s. I'm sure that was true then. I do not believe that black players in the MLB are playing in some kind of hostile work environment like it was back then. Your second statement is not true and ridiculous. Give me one example where that has happened in the last 20 years?

It hasn't happened because they know not to do that!!! It's the exact same reason why players who are gay hide it. When you know that you can't say or do anything extra in order to keep your job, you don't do it. Lol,  but what could be more hostile that having food and racial epithets thrown at you while at work. I know for a fact that that is more of a hostile work environment than you've ever had to deal with. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, baltimore_chop said:

It hasn't happened because they know not to do that!!! It's the exact same reason why players who are gay hide it. When you know that you can't say or do anything extra in order to keep your job, you don't do it. Lol,  but what could be more hostile that having food and racial epithets thrown at you while at work. I know for a fact that that is more of a hostile work environment than you've ever had to deal with. 

BTW, I've worked in Afghanistan and Iraq, i can guarantee my work places were more hostile.

Archived