Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

My insistence on talking about the swindling  NY Yankees.  The Yankees sold and BS the White Sox in this deal.  Some on this board said that the Yankees took $24 mil off the White Sox hands.  What is $24 mil to the Yankees like 10 cents to most of us.  It is not the O's fault that they don't have the money the MFY have and the O's don't BS like the MFY do.  I don't see anything positive to defend or give the MFY credit.

• Also from Sherman, he spoke to five rival personnel men who felt the Yankeesmade a very good move in swinging the Todd Frazier/David Robertson/Tommy Kahnle deal with the White Sox Blake Rutherford, the outfield prospect who headlined the minor league package sent to Chicago, received less-than-stellar reviews from the five executives, who questioned Rutherford’s power potential and his ability to stay as a center fielder.  One NL executive felt the Yankees may have sold high on Rutherford “when the buzz was still good” about his potential.  Incidentally, Sherman reports that Rutherford was also part of the Yankees’ offer to the White Sox for Quintana.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/al-east-notes-red-sox-bautista-yankees-rutherford.html

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

We should get a set of 3-4 prospects if a top end guy is involved as is. I prefer one centerpiece. I don't want the headliner to be a guy with the potential to be a #3/#4 starter like Brock Stewart who is right around #7 in their system. That would be underwhelming imo even though I like him.

I think the Orioles obvious target is Beuhler. 2  of White/Stewart/May/Sheffield /Sbors and  Heredi/Gavin Lux

Turn Britton, Brach, DOD, Castillo and Smith into ~10 prospects and go from there.  Hardy, Miley, Ubaldo, Tillman and Kim are gone.  That's turning over about half the roster.  With what's left, and a handful of kids potentially ready for Baltimore in 2018, we could spend heavily on the rotation and have a decent team next year.

12 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

One NL executive felt the Yankees may have sold high on Rutherford “when the buzz was still good” about his potential.  Incidentally, Sherman reports that Rutherford was also part of the Yankees’ offer to the White Sox for Quintana.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/al-east-notes-red-sox-bautista-yankees-rutherford.html

One bitter NL executive.  

32 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Banda is generally seen in the top 100/fringe top 100. I think he'd be a fine centerpiece. He's much better than Brayan Hernandez for SEA imo (like Hernandez, but he isn't that). 

I'd take Banda and his 5ERA at AAA as he's 3+ years younger than the avg for AAA. Or Clarke who is having an awesome year at AA. With one of Leyba or Chisholm

24 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

If the Astros are the team we deal with I really wouldn't mind seeing Colin Moran come this way. Seems like he'll be a solid 3B. Tapping into the power a bit more this year too it seems.

For me to deal Britton to the Astros it would take

Tucker, Whitley, O Perez, and Moran 

Moran and Tucker are real close ...Whitley is that Quality SP prospect and O Perez is a starter who is a ways out.

30 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Turn Britton, Brach, DOD, Castillo and Smith into ~10 prospects and go from there.  Hardy, Miley, Ubaldo, Tillman and Kim are gone.  That's turning over about half the roster.  With what's left, and a handful of kids potentially ready for Baltimore in 2018, we could spend heavily on the rotation and have a decent team next year.

I don't think I'd count on Tillman being gone. Just my opinion

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I don't think I'd count on Tillman being gone. Just my opinion

Yeah, for the right deal, I'd welcome him back, provided his health is good.  I'm not sure what it would take.  Something like 1/10 maybe.

7 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Yeah, for the right deal, I'd welcome him back, provided his health is good.  I'm not sure what it would take.  Something like 1/10 maybe.

I'd like to see him back. He can pitch...I think the injury has thrown him off.

I also don't love the rest of this 2018 class unless Mad Bum leaves the Giants, but who are we kidding.

Is throw some money at Cobb.

1 hour ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Should the club value quantity of quality prospects or should they be looking for someone considered elite? For example, reports are the Dodgers won't move Buehler or Verdugo. Would we accept 3-4 guys ranked between 5-15 assuming they are likely better that what we have? Or do we demand a project game-changer?

I'm torn. While I crave an exciting, franchise cornerstone player, we also have seen plenty of BA Top 20 guys flame out over the years. Having more lottery tickets feels better. 

I'd take the 3 or 4 guys ranked between 5 and 15. They may be serviceable players but not stars. 

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

For me to deal Britton to the Astros it would take

Tucker, Whitley, O Perez, and Moran 

Moran and Tucker are real close ...Whitley is that Quality SP prospect and O Perez is a starter who is a ways out.

O perez?

I don't think Whitley moves. I think I heard that he is untouchable. Like Martes is more likely to move then him.

1 hour ago, Ripken said:

I don't think I would do 10 mill for a pitcher who looks lost mostly.  I would do 1/5 plus incentives and an option year. 

Archived