Santander

OriolesMagic83

20 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He has looked as bad as many others.He lined a shot to the pitcher yesterday and hit a long fly ball later in the game. Also had a good 10 pitch at Bat on Sunday vs Kluber.Not saying he has looked good but some others on the Orioles look as bad.

Plenty of guys are looking bad, for sure.   Statically, he’s near the bottom of the heap, though.   Especially lately.  

• 1 year later...

o

(vs. WHITE SOX, 5/01) )))))) [GAME TWO]

NUMBER 1

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER 

ANTHONY ROGER SANTANDER

o

23 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

So who goes so Santander can stay Rickard, Wilkerson or someone else? I’d like to say Rickard but I’m not sure who would play centerfield.

I haven't seen Wilkerson play center since he's been called up, which I assumed was the reasoning for him getting the call over Santander and Stewart in the first place. 

I'd send Wilkerson down, but I'm assuming Santander was just called up for this game and will be back in Norfolk tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I haven't seen Wilkerson play center since he's been called up, which I assumed was the reasoning for him getting the call over Santander and Stewart in the first place. 

I'd send Wilkerson down. 

I hear ya. I just really like Stevie’s versatility and I like his bat better than Rickards. From what I’ve seen from Rickard in cf I’m not impressed I imagine Smith, Wilkerson, Santander could do just as good of job.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I hear ya. I just really like Stevie’s versatility and I like his bat better than Rickards. From what I’ve seen from Rickard in cf I’m not impressed I imagine Smith, Wilkerson, Santander could do just as good of job.

None of them are center fielders.  Rickard has some speed and experience playing the position where as the others you mentioned do not. 

Thing about Wilkerson you need to remember is that he is 27 and just breaking into the big leagues.  I get that he's new and shiny compared to a player like Rickard, but there's no evidence that he's going to be able to hit major league pitching and he's not a center fielder. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

None of them are center fielders.  Rickard has some speed and experience playing the position where as the others you mentioned do not. 

Thing about Wilkerson you need to remember is that he is 27 and just breaking into the big leagues.  I get that he's new and shiny compared to a player like Rickard, but there's no evidence that he's going to be able to hit major league pitching and he's not a center fielder. 

Santander was returned to Norfolk and that was the right move.    Smith is in left, Mancini in right, Davis at 1B and Nunez at DH.  There is not place for Santander to get  at bats.   Santander also has a service time issue until the end of the month.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Santander was returned to Norfolk and that was the right move.    Smith is in left, Mancini in right, Davis at 1B and Nunez at DH.  There is not place for Santander to get  at bats.   Santander also has a service time issue until the end of the month.

Geez!  No team is playing service time games with a rule V player.