Will you be pleased with this season if...

Bahama O's Fan

I am satisfied now already.  I started following the Orioles about 95.  So I had to go through 14 years  of seeing a team that by the middle of June was out of it and the June draft was a highlight and the hopes of a team that was in contention next year.   Now I can actually watch an entire season and still have hopes of a playoff series and even though slime a chance to win it all. 

I had low expectations going into the season.

That said, with them close to a WC...I'd be disappointed if they don't at least make it to the WC game. And I'd be crushed if they lose it. Probably not as crushed as I was last year considering Buck made one of the most idiotic pitching changes I've ever seen...but still.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I had low expectations going into the season.

That said, with them close to a WC...I'd be disappointed if they don't at least make it to the WC game. And I'd be crushed if they lose it. Probably not as crushed as I was last year considering Buck made one of the most idiotic pitching changes I've ever seen...but still.

I voted earlier as being satisfied with a winning season. Don't have to get to the WC for me to be satisfied. I want the team to win the WS. But it's just not happening this year. 

I'll be pleased if we make the WC game after playing like the worst team in the league for about 80 games over the summer. I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't make it, because I think our team had the capability of being better than LA, MIN, and the rest of the WC contenders. The division leaders and the Yankees have all been pretty clearly better than the O's this year, so if we do make it to the playoffs but lose to one of them, I won't feel like it's much of a let down.

With all the teams packed together so closely, I'm beginning to wonder   how much I care about finishing over .500, versus getting the highest draft slot possible.   If we aren't making the playoffs, do we really want to pass the five other teams that are going to miss the playoffs?    I might prefer to finish 78-84 and draft 12th, vs. finishing 82-80 and drafting 18th.

Archived