2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

They haven’t even come close to the Dodgers in terms of 10 Day DL misuse. And honestly,  do the other teams still care what the Orioles do / don’t do at this point? They’re going to lose no matter who they play.

Yeah, I guess they aren't going to hire private detectives to follow Tillman around and secretly take pictures of him in tae kwan do class.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck isn't exactly going with the party line about the reasons for the DL.  Who wants to start the Chris Tillman appreciation thread?

When manager Buck Showalter spoke to the media before Friday’s game, he indicated a decision was imminent on Tillman's future. He spoke as if a goodbye was looming between the Orioles and the pitcher that left fielder Trey Mancini said was a face of the club’s renaissance this decade.

"A lot of it is more than just physical, I've found," Showalter said when asked whether he'd seen a fall like this before in his career. "A lot of it is. That's why you see guys leave a place and do real well. That doesn't mean they don't like that place or aren't happy there or didn't like their teammates or coach or manager or trainer. It's just the emotional and mental side of this as much as the physical part of it. I've had players in the past, sometimes, where I've said it's not going to happen here, but it may. In fairness to him, let it happen somewhere else.

"At some point, we're always going to say, 'What's best for us,' and be selfish with it. 'Sorry, I know you'd like to go start somewhere else, but we like you here as a reliever.’ But there will come a time when he'll be able to do that. But I've found with most things like this ... there's other things going on other than just physical sometimes."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-chris-tillman-back-strain-20180511-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

HAHA!

What did I say a couple days ago about phantom injuries?  Go with the lower back strain, can't test for it.

This is a completely pointless endeavor.

He isn't injured and he isn't going to relearn how to pitch on a minor league rehab assignment.

What proof do you have he isn’t injured? The Orioles wouldn’t dare tinker with the ethical standards of injuries.

Just kidding. But I have heard many argue that point just to be trollerific.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Buck said Tillman “spent a lot of time in the MRI machine.”   Probably took them a long time to find some tweak they could call an injury.  

I’m sure almost everything you see in the MRI of the upper body of a pitcher could be construed as an injury.

• 1 month later...
Just now, amdcpus said:

Tilly got lit up at Norfolk.

3.2 IP, 5 ER, 8 hits, 3 BB, 1 HR, 2 K

Like I said in the game thread, the joke was the idea he could get through five.

I like a long running joke as much as the next guy but this is getting silly.

Archived