Sisco reminds me of Markakis

Frobby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Told ya.  :P

And Frobby is of course correct, which is why it was a very safe opinion for me to share.

Not that only having a "safe opinion" would ever stop YOU!  Keep bringing it!  We miss SG!

6 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He's thrown out 3 of 6. 50%   0 passed balls. 0 errors.

He’s nabbed 3 of the last 4, plus another one that didn’t count because batter interference was called.   The last two throws I’ve seen were released quickly and on the money.     Overall I’ve been pleasantly surprised.    The first couple throws were terrible, but he’s looked better of late.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s nabbed 3 of the last 4, plus another one that didn’t count because batter interference was called.   The last two throws I’ve seen were released quickly and on the money.     Overall I’ve been pleasantly surprised.    The first couple throws were terrible, but he’s looked better of late.   

Going to be fun to revisit that ST thread if he ends up out throwing Caleb.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I see Harold Baines. Smooth lefty swing, primarily contact hitter but with some power, patient. A natural hitter but without a defensive position. Even if he does not stick at C, he could have a future as DH just due to his natural hitting skills.

Yes, older folks will see Baines as well as Markakis.

I've not seen anything so far that would indicate he can't stick at Catcher.  He's better at Catcher than most of the team's outfielders are at playing where Buck puts them.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

When I watch Sisco bat, he reminds me a lot of Nick Markakis — very good strike zone judgment, patient, doesn’t overswing and hits the ball where it’s pitched.   I’d be pretty happy if Sisco put up Markakis-like numbers as a catcher.   

I'd like that too.

55 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I see Harold Baines. Smooth lefty swing, primarily contact hitter but with some power, patient. A natural hitter but without a defensive position. Even if he does not stick at C, he could have a future as DH just due to his natural hitting skills.

If only we could use more than one DH in games......oh wait! ;) 

I think patience is the word with Sisco.  He only started catching as a HS senior.  As he gains more experience at the ML level, I think he still has the ability to show significant improvement.  And, as he matures physically, I think there's still some in game power still to be developed.  He and Mancini are nuggets for the future.  I hope Santander will prove to be, as well.

Archived